somethings not right

knowing her meal was just for her tonight, she kicked up and relaxed with a movie while she ate.
waiting for her boyfriend to arrive, she cleaned up her plate and got a freezer meal out ready for him,
'should be home soon'
she thought.

her apartment was modernised, tall windows, with black kitchen surfaces, a built-in fan oven, and lots of pine cubards and drawers for storing food and kitchen stuff.
it was an open plan with an island splitting the kitchen from the living room.
her living room was a decent size, she had a lovely cuddle chair that swivelled, and a matching 2 seater sofa, grey and red flowers with a red detail round the seat rms.

a large black fluffy rug lay in front of the tv unit which was inviting with the soft feel.

her fish tank was a 3 foot, tropical filled with tiny coloured tropical fish, and a scuba figure that floats via invisible fish wire and a suction cup that clung to the bottom hidden by gravel.
it was amusing to watch as the bubbles from the oxygen filter bombarded the little figure with bubbles, making it look like it was paniking.

she smiled as she peeled her eyes away from this little scuba guy, making her way to the bathroom for a shower.
she embraced the steam on her skin, as it made her sweat, the water massaging her tired feet and toes as it sprinkled on them, giving a luxurious relaxing rush through her feet.

the soap lather smelt like sweets and marshmallow. It it was her favourite scent of shower gel .
It foamed and left an appetising smell of sweets in the apartment.
she heard the front door close and lock.
finishing up washing her hair, she rushed out in her bath robe to greet her boyfriend.

'hey how are you'
she smiled at him while giving him a kiss.
'So tired honey'
he said, pinching his nose bridge, feeling stressed.
Charlotte warmed up his tea and made a hot drink.
'What happened then'
she asked, giving him his plate and having a seat.

'For some reason, nobody did the papers for this month, so I was asked to, but I'll have a couple hours over pay'
he said, eating fast and enjoying his meal

stroking his head, Charlotte smiled and walked off to get changed for bed and get her hair dry.
Lucca made his way to their room and slowly changed for bed, looking exhausted.
'You need some time off, we both do, let's book a trip'
she smiled.
'Ah, that's awesome, baby yeh, let's do it. It's been too long, I'll leave the destination up to you'
he said, snuggling his pillow.

'Why not together hun,
she asked.
'can't, too sleepy hehe'
his voice muffled as he spoke slow and tired and gave a giggle.
smiling, she lay next to him and they both soon fell asleep cuddling.

little did she know the things that were about to unfold and turn her life around.
The next day at work, Charlotte and Diane were filing papers for the proposals of high amounts of money to be invested in other companies, this was a very important job.
during break time, in the staff kitchen, their boss Mark was eyeing up Charlotte.
Diane caught eye of this and got her to one side, 'I need a word about friday'
she hooked onto Charlotte's arm and pulled her outside the staff kitchen.

'What's going on'
she frowned.
'this isn't about Friday you never pull me aside like that'
folding her arms looking stern she demanded an explanation.
'the boss, Mark has not stopped staring at you all day it's giving me the creeps'
she whispered.

'oh, I hadn't noticed I was working'
Charlotte said.
'well he has and quite frank it's not cool'
Diane had a firm upset frown on her, nothing Charlotte seen before.
'Are you jealous'
Charlotte giggled and nudged Diane.
She could feel a strong sense of envy and
a dislike toward her from Diane.

'Hell no it's just creepy'
she spat.
With that, she stormed back into the staff kitchen and had her drink.
occasionally peeking up from a newspaper to see if the boss was eyeing her, and yes, the creep was eyeballing her from time to time.
'how can I get it to him I don't like him that way'
she thought to herself.

'he could be one of those bosses who can't accept rejection, or will put my job on the line.
When she got home that evening she told Lucca about her boss.
'Yeh the man's a creep just steer clear and tell me if you get any issues'
he said.
'Don't worry I will'
she looked concerned for her job.