Chapter 1

Zahir woke up to the smell of tea with honey. She quickly got out of bed careful not to wake her twin brothers, Leo and Larkin.

She makes her way down stairs and into the dining room, where her father sat at the table with a cup of tea.

 Her father is a winter fairy, while her mother is a human. She ran and nearly tackled him out of his chair, but with his quick reflexes he was able to catch himself, Zahir, and his cup of tea. "Well look who's up." Her father said his deep voice rumbled in her chest.

 Her father might have a deep voice but he looks very Feminine, His long white hair with a bang that covered one of his diamond white eyes, his lips a crystal blue tint, as well as his eye lids, and his nails are a light sky-blue. 

"May I have some tea?" Zahir asked sitting her father lap. "Sure." He said handing her his cup, which she took and sipped slowly. "So, still on your hunt for dragons?" Her father asked. Zahir gave her father a nod and handed his cup back, then hopped of his lap. 

Zahir looks nothing like her father. Her shoulder length black curly black hair is the complete opposite from her father's straight white hair. The only thing she got from her father is his white eyes.

Just then then the back door opened and her mother stood there with a basket of fresh fruits and vegetables. Her father got up to help with the load but her mother shooed him away. "Going out into the wood today, Zahir?" Her mother asked placing the basket on the table. "Yup, I'm getting closer, I Can feel it." She said grabbing an apple for the basket. "Well before you leave, wake your brother and get dressed" Her mother said pointing to her. She was still wearing her night gown. That caused a light blush to appear on her face.

She turned and made her way back upstairs into her and her brother's room. Since her family doesn't make much money her brothers have to share a bed. She walked over to a chest the held her clothes and pulled out a black tunic and some dark green pants and her favorite blue vest with a high collar. She quickly washed and put on her clothes; she grabbed a pair of black boots then walked over to her brother's bed. 

She put a hand on Leo's shoulder and pushes him gently. He grumbled and slowly opened his eyes. His honey hazel eyes meet with her snow white ones. "Wake up." Was all she said, He sat up and pushed his brother on the shoulder and did the same. "Mama wants you two down stairs" then she walked out of the room, and back down stairs.

She walked into the dining room once aging, this time all the food was gone and there was a pouch on the table. Her farther picked it up and handed it to her and she took it. She put the strap over one of her shoulder so that the pouch would be on her right. "Don't forget your bow and arrows." Her father said before would walk out the back door. She had total forgot about that.

She walked back up stairs and saw that her brothers were still getting dressed. She sighed and reached under her bed and pulled out a black leather quiver that's filled with arrows, and a large bowl, like the on her father uses.

She once again made her way down stairs and out the back door. She quickly ran into the woods.

Back in the house her mother and father watched her run into the wood and out of sight from the window in the kitchen. "Winter, what do we do if she ever is to find a dragon?" Her mother asked her husband "I never really thought that far, Era. But if Zahir is ever to find one there is something I can give her the will help." Winter said Turing his head to look at his wife.

Back in the woods, Zahir slowed her pace from a run, to a jogged, to a trot, then to a slow walk. She made her way to her resting tree and climbed up. She climbed until she was a good 50 feet of the ground; she rested her back on the trunk of the tree. She reached into the pouch and pulled an orange. She thought of what she should do next as she peeled the orange. 

She had already looked for an egg in a five mile radius of their house; and every time she came out she would go farther out. She pulled off a piece of the orang and popped it in her mouth.

After she ate her orange she climbed down from the tree and begun to walk through the woods.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I Got the idea for this story reading the story 'I dream of dragons’ by justmenothingmore. I’m not done reading it but so far its good go read it

Zombie out