007 - Usless questions

The morning dragged on for what felt like forever, and majority of the students weren't even here yet.

"Hey you know what would be funny-" Walker starts, but I quickly stop him with a raise of my hand, he had been going on and on about funny things we could do as an 'official couple'. He had already suggested that for Halloween we go as Donkey and The Dragon, the ones from Shrek, because according to him their relationship is much more loving and realistic than Shrek and Fiona's. He has also indulged me in the vast mysteries and conspiracies that the world holds, including how Aliens played a part in building the pyramids that are still standing today in Egypt.

"It's still too early for anymore of your shit, plus I haven't had coffee and I think I may end my life sooner than expected if I hear one more of your conspiracy theories," I say, putting a hand over my face. We were still seated at my lunch table, however we would have to start moving as more and more students were arriving.

"Well we can get some coffee if you'd like," Walker says, "my shout of course." I look at him before abruptly standing up, already more energetic at the mere prospect of having a warm cup of coffee in my hands. "I'll take that as a yes then," the boy opposite of me says with a small smile, and stands up as well.

———

A smile breaks loose on my face as we take a step outside. It's not necessarily too cold yet, but I can already start to taste the crisp weather of fall before I suddenly remember something.

"We need to know stuff about each other, just in case we get asked," I say, as we start leaving the school grounds, (is that allowed, technically no, but desperate situations call for immediate solutions). "Oh yeah, well then we will just have to start knowing more about each other I guess. You ask a question then I'll ask a question." Walker says, looking as though he has already started thinking of questions.

"Okay," I decide to start with a simple but straightforward question, "What is your favourite colour and why?" He gives me a blank look before saying, "What a dumb question, I thought they would be more complicated. Anyway, my favourite colour would have to be blue, but not dark blue more of a sky blue." I smile at his answer, I had already assumed that it was his favourite colour, I was just double-checking.

"Okay, now it's your turn to answer my question!" He says, clapping his hands together, "Why have you not dated anyone yet?" I roll my eyes as soon as I hear the question, it's one that has been asked by my friends, relatives and even a couple of teachers, but instead of giving the rehearsed answer, I decide to be honest.

"Well, if I am being completely honest, I think I have hyped the idea of love up so much I will eventually just be disappointed. I mean I've watched all these romcoms, read all these romance books and I never see that type of stuff in real life. I think I'm just stalling and protecting myself from that kind of disappointment, plus, it doesn't help that there is no one attractive at school."

I cannot believe I just admitted that, it's like when I'm around this boy I can't help but tell the truth. How concerning.

Walker looks at me with that look again. The look I cannot seem to place. He seems lost in his thoughts for a moment before he turns his head to me fully before saying, "Well what about your frien-" However, he is quickly cut when he trips over a tree root, falling to the ground immediately.

I start laughing hysterically, as he glances up at me looking dazed, "What the hell!?" He mutters angrily, he puts his hand up in the air for help, but before I help I quickly snap a picture of his fallen state. "Stupid tree, I'm gonna make sure it gets cut down! I pledge allegiance that it will be gone before the day I die." He says, his tone was serious and menacing. "Wow, and you say I'm dramatic," I say, still laughing as I remember his frustration with falling.