chapter 2

Arron

      I woke up next to a blonde that I took to my apartment from the bar last night. She wasn't that good but I was bored. I get up and get in the shower. I let the warm water wash down my body until I hear footsteps. The blonde gurl opens the shower curtain.

"Can I join? " she says, fluttering her eyelashes like a bird.

"That's not how this works. Get your shit and get out." I say as I continue to wash my body

She scoffs "seriously? After the night we had?"

"Look, I'm sorry, Brittany b-" she cuts me off

"My name is Lauren," she says as she scoffs and grabs her clothes and leaves.

I shrug and finish my shower. I dry myself off and put on my suit and my most expensive cologne. I got a meeting with Devon today. He's been slacking on my fucking money.

I grab my keys and get in my hellcat. I stop by a cafe and get some breakfast before I pull up to the building. I get out my car and go inside. I go to the reception desk to check in and damn. She's gorgeous, she's stunning. I wonder what she would look like bent over my office desk .

"2:30 for Moreno " I say, snapping her out her trance.

She's adorable, the way she blushed when I spoke. Fuck am I talking about? I can't get attached to some pussy.

"Um ok yes I see you ,on the 7th floor, straight ahead," her soft voice spoke. Damn her voice could make any man weak.

"Thank you, beautiful," I say, chuckling at the blush on her chubby cheeks as I walk away to the elevator.

I get to Devons office, and he's typing on his computer

"Hey Russo? What the hell is going on with my money?" I say with my jaw clenched

   "OH shit hey Arron , I didn't know you were coming by," he says nervously

"Money, Russo." I snap my finger

"Look, man, gimme a week, I got you," he pleads

"Fine, you got 1 week. Now tell me about that secretary of yours. " I smirk, hoping to get information on her.

"Which one? Alex or Kayleigh? " he says with a smug face after saying her name.

"Kayleigh?  As in Kayleigh Rodgers?" I say slightly shocked

"You know her?" He says even more surprised than I am .

"That's Spencer's daughter, man," I say, rubbing my head

"Wait, as in Spencer Rodgers?  Like YOUR Spencer Rodgers?" He says, pointing at me

"No fucking shit Devon and if you even mention the slightest of her father I'll gut you like a pig" I drive my finger into his chest

"Damn man I got it" he says rubbing himself chest

"Shit" I mumble

"How much does she know?" He says curiously

"She doesn't know anything all she knows is her father was never there" I say rubbing my forehead.

"Damn, you got a lot of work to handle," he says, looking down at her from his office window.

"I don't even think she knows he's dead." I say rubbing my forehead