Chapter 1

Kayleigh

     I wake up to my alarm blaring, and I throw my phone across the room.              

      "GOSH!" I groan and throw my white comforter across my bed and begin another day.

   I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth and look at my dry carmel skin and my messy black hair.

     "It's gonna be a long day." I say to myself as I put on a black longsleeve shirt and black pants with my velvet black flats.

            I put my hair in a slick back bun and do my baby hairs so I look more professional. I glue on my lashes and put on some slight lipgloss, and go to the kitchen. I grab a bowl of mixed fruit out of the fridge when I see my best friend and co-worker, Alex.

       Alex and I have been friends since we were in elementary school. He's my all-time best friend, he gives me the best advice. He's also gay so there's no worry about catching feels. Alex was there for my first boyfriend and my now current ex-boyfriend. He was there when I ugly cried and watched Riverdale for the 5th time. He was even there for the bad haircut Era. He never left.

       "Morning girl, how'd you sleep?" He says drinking his coffee
      "It was good until Jackson called me 1am drunk, saying he misses me," I say, sighing
     "Why haven't you blocked him yet, Kay?" He says, giving me the disappointment face that I hate so much.
   "I tried, I swear, but he somehow managing to keep contacting me," I say, holding one hand up and the other holding onto my fork.

He glares at me and then sighs, eventually changing the topic. "Let's go. You know Devon hates when we are late."

"That man is such a pain." I roll my eyes.

"Well, he's the man that pays," he says, smiling

"Also, the man you have a crush on." I smirk

"No, I don't he's not even that cute," he says, blushing, trying to deny what's written all over his face.

"Ok, whatever you say, let's go." I smile

We get in his car, and he drives us to work. We get to work, and we clock in. After what feels like years of boring blondes coming in to flirt with a man who clearly likes men, someone interesting comes in.

He's about 6'5, very well built , black suit, silver watch, tattoos on his neck and his hands, and a hugeee bulg-

My thoughts are interrupted by a deep voice clearing their throat.

"2:30 for Moreno," He says in a deep, raspy, assertive voice. This man meant business.

I look up, and it's instant butterflies. His face is as assertive as his voice. Green eyes, a slight stubble, soft lips, brown fluffy hair, gosh, this man was gorgeous.
I snap out of my trance and check him in.

"Um ok yes I see you, 7th floor straight ahead," I say, not making eye contact.

"Thank you, beautiful," he says, letting out a slight chuckle as he walks to the elevator.

"He either had gas or He likes you," Alex says, smiling,

"Alex!" I whisper yell.

Alex laughs and lightly pushes my shoulder while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop thinking it," I say as my face burns in embarrassment.

"Whatever girl He likes you," Alex says, smiling

"More like I like him... but we all know how my taste in men has been," I say, sighing

"Eater, the cheater and the sex offender," Alex says, sighing

"He wasn't a sex offender." I roll my eyes

"Girl, he said he was gonna assault you all because you said you wanted to wait until marriage,"  Alex says, raising his eyebrow

"Well, maybe he just wasn't ready for me to say that," I say, trying to make the situation seem lighter.

"Kay, I honestly have a good feeling about him." Alex smiles

"Well...I'm not bold, so he was attractive, but he's probably not the one." I shrug

Alex sighs and goes back to types on his computer.