Mother Knows Best - Ch. 1

Third Person

There was this new recruit Marigold had just hired, they had such pretty art and it couldn't go unnoticed, how have they not been getting more recognition?

Marigold put on what she calls her song, 'Marigold' by Nirvana, her favorite song by her second favorite band, Cage The Elephant being her first favorite band.

She takes this songs meaning as men fearing her because of how difficult she is to others. She doesn't go out a lot, she isn't easily manipulated, she would never let someone walk all over her, and she would never be vulnerable to anyone. She would rarely talk to anyone without having an angry look on their face. Her mother always told her to never trust anyone fully until you KNOW they are only about you, because otherwise, that's how you get heartbroken, mother knows best.

Marigold's dad was in her life, yes, but the two never talked as much. Her dad was nice most of the time, just his mental disorder of ADHD and his stuttering problem making it hard for him to understand others or for others to understand him sometimes. Still, when they were together Marigold was at her happiest place, her parents the only ones seeing the soft side of her.

It was her mother's boyfriend before that broke her heart, constantly manipulating her into thinking she was cheating when in reality he was, rarely home and when he was, constantly in a drunk state trying to start fights with her mom, often leaving bruises on her from slapping her.

She thought this meant love, not knowing she was just a young 17 year old who only knew what innocence and happiness was.

Marigold's mom never knew he was cheating until she caught him with another female, realizing that she was being used this whole time after she was done talking to him.

"When you get in a relationship, no matter what gender, what they look like, you always have your guard up, never look weak, never take unnecessary disrespect, Mari. And especially, never let someone try and take advantage of you." Those words constantly playing in Marigold's mind, letting her know the truth of the world we live in, reminding her of why she gets high to have a release.

As she took a drag from her blunt, she imagined a world where everyone was safe and happy, a world where she felt comfortable having kids, not stressing if they were getting bullied at school, hurt by a family member, not knowing if they were going to come home. She was in her safe space.

She sighed in relief and looked at the time, she was able to go home so she shut off the music on her speaker and put in her headphones instead, now playing 'Hypocrite' by Cage The Elephant.

Marigold had a vintage mind in a modern world, getting in her 1957 Ford Thunderbird, a wine red color, she rolled down the windows to feel the summer air in the sky, as this version wasn't a convertible.

It was a hand-me-down from her grandfather, one she would never want to lose, not getting to meet him before he passed, him passing a few days before she was born.

Bobbleheads of little soldiers on the dashboard as she nodded along with the music, pulling into a Wingstop to get food for herself. She ordered the lemon pepper chicken tenders with fries as she was a picky eater and that was her favorite.

Eventually heading home to the empty house, her husband, Jason, was on the Live TV as he was a stunt driver.

Their relationship was pretty cute, but when they would fight, it was ugly. They would usually end up hitting each other, sometimes even leaving bruises. The couple barely sleeping with eachother not caring much for that aspect on the relationship, just looking for ways to improve.

After eating and watching her husband on TV, Mari took a bath as she floated into her own thoughts, her version of heaven consuming her before putting on a light shirt with sweats to fall asleep in.

✓✓✓

Long chapters? Actually updating? New stories? Third person views? Who is this writer!?

I KNOW. IM IN MY PRIME NOW BITCHES. I'VE TOOK NOTES ON HOW TO BECOME BETTER.

I was in my falloff zone, and now I'm in my uprise, bitch.

Love you all my gay beanbags, take care of yourself today, you deserve it 😘💜