Prologue

Chuuya paced back and forth in his room, the wooden floor creaking beneath his agitated footsteps. His black coat flowed around him with each turn, a vivid contrast to the dimly lit surroundings. "That damn Dazai," he muttered through gritted teeth, his frustration palpable in the air.

Earlier that day, strolling as happy as he could be through the bustling streets of Yokohama, Chuuya had encountered none other than Dazai, his perpetual thorn in the side. As usual, Dazai had been his usual smug self, his playful taunts and mocking gestures driving Chuuya to the brink of madness.

Chuuya remembered wandering the streets of Yokohama with a newfound spring in his step; today was a good day. He had finished all his work and was able to take a break. Lucky for him he happened to be heading to be a new wine shop that had been rising in popularity lately and the reviews on their special wine was outstanding.. he could practically already taste it.

Lost in his own thoughts, Chuuya rounded a corner, ready to see what this shop was all about only to be met with a scene straight out of his nightmares. There stood Dazai being kicked out from from that infamous wine shop. The poor shopkeeper looked equal parts relieved and terrified as he pushed Dazai out the door, muttering something about "creepy vibes" and "never coming back."

Dazai, looking dumbfounded, brushed himself off and straightened his coat before turning around. Chuuya could practically see the sly grin forming on Dazais lips as he approached him. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Chuuya Nakahara," he drawled, his voice dripping with faux charm. "Fancy seeing you here."

Chuuya narrowed his eyes at Dazai, his lips curling into a scowl. "Don't you dare act all buddy-buddy with me now, Dazai," he retorted, his voice laced with thinly veiled irritation. "I know your games, and I'm not playing along."

Dazai casually reached out and plucked Chuuya's hat off his head. "Hey, relax, no need to get so worked up." he teased, twirling the hat between his fingers.

Chuuya's temper flared instantly at the sight of Dazai flaunting his hat around like nothing. His fists clenched at his sides.

"Give that back, you bastard!" Chuuya barked, his voice laced with irritation as he lunged forward, attempting to snatch the hat from Dazai's grasp.

But Dazai, always one step ahead, effortlessly sidestepped Chuuya's attempt, holding the hat just out of his reach with a playful smirk dancing across his lips.

"Hmm, I'm afraid I can't do that, Chuuya," Dazai taunted, his smirk widening as he lifted the hat higher, just beyond Chuuya's grasp.

Chuuya shuddered at the memory of Dazai's antics, a determined glint in his eyes as he clenched his fist tightly. "I'll surely get him back next time," he muttered under his breath, his mind already racing with plans for revenge.

In the heat of the moment, Chuuya darted over to his bookshelf, scanning the titles in search of inspiration. His fingers trailed along the spines until they landed on a promising-looking volume. With a triumphant grin, he plucked the book from the shelf and settled into his armchair.

As he flipped through the pages, Chuuya's brow furrowed in confusion. "Huh, this advice is pretty weird," he muttered to himself, puzzled by the unusual tips and tricks laid out before him. Unbeknownst to him, he had stumbled upon a romance guide, its pages filled with romantic language and amorous escapades, a far cry from the tactical maneuvers he had hoped to learn.

Nevertheless, Chuuya pressed on, if this is what he had to do to take down dazai then so be it.

Chuuya continued to read, his eyes scanning the first chapter's advice on the art of complimenting. "Compliment them nicely, it will catch them off guard," he murmured, contemplating the task ahead. "Hmm, that's quite a challenge.. coming up with compliments for Dazai."

Furrowing his brow in concentration, Chuuya closed his eyes as he racked his brain for compliments, but each one that came to mind sounded awkward and weird.

"Your... um, your hair is as shiny as a freshly polished diamond," he mumbled, immediately cringing at the absurdity of his own words. "No, no, scratch that, his hair is probably shiny from grease"

He tried again, rubbing his temples. "Your eyes are like... like two perfectly round marbles," he continued, grimacing at the nonsensical comparison. "Ugh, that's even worse."

Growing increasingly frustrated, Chuuya racked his brain for another compliment, but all he could conjure up were more ridiculous comparisons.

"Your smile is as radiant as a ferocious dog," he blurted out, shaking his head at the sheer absurdity of his own words. "Okay, that's just... no."

With a sigh of defeat, Chuuya closed the book, he would figure it out.

---

Chuuya ambled along the sun-baked streets of Yokohama, grumbling incessantly about the oppressive heat. With a scowl etched on his face, he fervently waved his beloved hat back and forth in front of him, using it as a makeshift fan in a feeble attempt to beat back the relentless heat of the sun.

"Screw this heat," he muttered to himself, beads of sweat forming on his brow despite his efforts to stay cool. "Why does it have to be so damn hot?"

As he rounded a corner once again, Chuuya's eyes widened in surprise as he caught sight of a familiar figure ahead. Dazai, looking more disheveled than usual, trudged along the sidewalk with all the enthusiasm of a man on his way to his own funeral.

Suppressing a smirk, Chuuya ducked behind a nearby storefront, his gaze fixed on his unsuspecting target. With silent determination, he watched as Dazai shuffled along the sidewalk, oblivious to the fact that he was being trailed."Operation Chuuya is ready to execute," he muttered to himself, his voice barely above a whisper.

With a quick glance around to ensure he was still hidden from view, Chuuya straightened his posture and ran his fingers through his disheveled hair, attempting to tame the unruly locks that the scorching heat had left in disarray. He adjusted his hat with practiced precision, settling it back onto his head at just the right angle to convey an air of nonchalance.

Despite the oppressive temperatures that had left him feeling like he was going to burn alive moments earlier, Chuuya was determined to present a facade of cool composure as he prepared to confront Dazai. With a final adjustment to his attire, he stepped out from behind the building, ready to face Dazai...

With a newfound air of confidence, Chuuya flicked his coat back with a flourish, the fabric billowing behind him as he strode forward with purpose. With a playful wink, he closed the distance between himself and Dazai, his grin widening as he prepared to deliver his carefully crafted line.

"Hey there, beautiful," Chuuya began, his voice dripping with exaggerated charm. "Is it hot out here, or is it just you?"

For a brief moment, time seemed to stand still as Dazai's features twisted in an unmistakable grimace, his eyes narrowing in a mixture of disbelief and disgust. It was as if Chuuya's words had physically pained him, eliciting a reaction far beyond what he had anticipated. Without a word, he turned on his heel and walked away, muttering under his breath, "Creepy"

--

Hello!!!!! I was posting here too because I decided... my wattpad account has been dead for too long! I originally posted this on AO3 (by the same username)

If you guys have any ideas you would like to see in this book though, without a question I will do it. (My brain is really fried)