Important Update, Ship Voting, and Thank you!

Hey Everyone!

I know this isn't the chapter 6 I promised and I'm really sorry, but I do have some updates for the book going forward that I wanted to get out now rather than later.

So first, I just wanna say thank you guys for 1,000 reads. I really wasn't sure how many people were gonna read this, but I definitely was not expecting this many. So I truly do want to say thank you to each of you for reading this pretty oddly put-together story.

Next, when will the next chapter be out? Well, it's complicated.

After recharging this week from not writing the story, I've been thinking about how terribly put together Reminiscence Part Two is, and have kind of stalled out on writing chapter 6. I'm really quite disappointed in myself for how lazy I was wrote it, and so I've been having legitimate thoughts about rewriting the whole part to not be so badly organized. I was incredibly short-sighted on some of the things like N's cooling system, Cyn's story, and a bunch of other small things, and I already have around a dozen new ideas I wish I implemented instead.

But I wanted to ask you guys, because if I do go back to rewrite it, I'm actually going to take my time and revise it, so it'll take a lot longer. It also doesn't help I'm entering exam season, so it's probably going to be a week and a half from now to publish it if I were to rewrite it.

So that'd put chapter 6 like 2-3 weeks out from actually being published. I really, really just want to get moving with the story, but also I don't want to leave the story in a mess for half the book until it gets interesting. So it's just a matter of do I ignore the faults and trudge on, or go back, take longer, and make the story better?

Next thing. I'm starting to annoy myself with how long I'm extending the meet-up between N and V, J, Thad, and Lizzy (and I can imagine you guys are getting annoyed too), so I'm going to accelerate a lot of the early story build-up so it doesn't take like 11 chapters for there to be an official meet-up.

And so that brings me to probably the most important part of the update. Shipping time!

How this is gonna work is I've got two paths that I can go down that I have rough ideas for. One is for NxV and one is for NxUzi. But, I want to leave it up to you all on which ship you would prefer. I personally am an NxV type of person, but if more of you want NxUzi, I will not complain.

Another thing about the voting is its still going to be a few parts before I enact anything so I can give people who want a say that aren't on Wattpad regularly a chance to vote, which means it'll probably be like 2 more chapters before I enact anything. And I will only count votes on this part and I will only count votes once.

One more thing about the voting. If 5 people want NxV and 4 people want NxUzi--eventually whenever this thing is done, I will be writing another story--so if the vote is really close, I'll just make my second story on whichever ship didn't get the vote. But, if it's like 8 people want NxUzi and only 1 wants NxV, I'm not going to worry too much about it right now.

So, just to summarize, I'm really sorry that everything has been delayed in the book. But if you guys wouldn't mind letting me know what you would think about me remaking Reminiscence Part Two, it'd be an awesome help.

And just remember to vote for which ship you want! Like I said, I'll have a few chapters before I actually count up the votes and start working towards one ship or the other.

With all that said, if I rewrite Part Two, I'd just say it'll take me two weeks to get the revamped version out so I can take my time and sort out everything. If you guys just want me to get to chapter 6, it'll be a lot easier to write, so it'd probably only take me about a week to get that out. So just let me know what you guys think, and I'll talk to you all later.

Have a great day!

Edit:

I just wanted to quickly say I'm really sorry for the delay on getting the next part out. It's coming! Just... slowly.

School and life in general have just taken up 110% of my time, so it's been hard to find motivation and good time to write the story. I'm really shooting for it to be done by the end of the day Sunday, because I'll have a bunch of time tomorrow and a good chunk Sunday to write. But, it also just comes down to convincing myself to actually do it.

Right now, I'm just under 2000 words in, and I've got a lot left to go. But! I've got my vision for the entire chapter done, so it's just a matter of putting fingers to the keyboard.

Again, I'm really sorry for the delay, but it's slowly getting written.