3 | Road Trip

Hey everyone! I'll have an author's note at the end, but I just wanted to say thank you for getting this to 250 reads. I know it's nothing compared to a lot of other stories, but it's the most I've ever gotten, so I just want to say thank you.

I also wanted to quickly note that this story follows everything up to episode 6 of Murder Drones, and I'm gonna try to incorporate as much as I possibly can from episode 7 and 8 into this story. But, things like what happened to Tessa in episode 7 already make this story completely fantasy for ever being an 'actual' season 2. Nonetheless, I hope you guys will like the interpretation I have for episode 7 and 8.

Lastly, hopefully this will be the last 'wordy nonsense' chapter for a while, and the story will get into more action. But with that said, enjoy chapter 3!

===-===

ERROR IN DREAM.EXE CODE...

OVERRIDING DREAM.EXE...

BOOTING RANDOM MEMORY FILE...

LOADING MEMORY LOG FILE: 3071-08-13 AT 20:30-21:34 HOURS...

PLAYING...

V would desperately deflect the claws of the red-eyed Sentinel. Using her only good arm, she'd extend her arm blade, trying to get some kind of hit on the slippery drone. She'd take the initiative, stepping forward and slashing up and down all across it... only for the Sentinel to reflect her at every point.

"Why won't you just die!?" V would kick the bot in the face with her undamaged leg, nearly falling over in the process, switching her hand to her cannon and firing it. Finally, she knocked the drone back, giving her a second to breathe.

She'd exhale sharply, aiming her cannon at the raptor once more, but just before she could get a shot off, another shot would hit the drone coming from the direction of the room entrance. She didn't have time to look and took the chance to charge her weapon up even more, limping over, and staring at the thing's bloodthirsty eyes as it started to get back up.

She'd finally fire the shot, completely disintegrating the thing's head. Again, she'd exhale, looking back from where the mystery shot came from. "Where are the others?" J would ask as she ran over to support V.

"Where do you think? Down in the basement finishing the mission." Finally, her body would begin to regenerate her mangled leg, clawed chest, and missing arm. She'd finally get her footing back, looking over at the elevator shaft.

"And why are you still up here?" J would ask questioningly as she let go of V and walked over to look up at the elevator's cut wires. "Long story short, these things–" she'd emphasize the 'things' as she kicked the dead sentinel's body, "–pinned me down and I cut the elevator cords because there was no other way for it to go down."

V would hobble over to the pit as her body finally healed up completely. "We should probably go help them out." J would nod, leaning over and free-falling into the pit. V would do the same, and after quite a significant amount of time just falling, they'd open their wings, landing on a pile of rocks and not the elevator, V noted.

Both drones would extend their claws, prying away at the rocks until they finally hit the metal of the elevator. J would blast a hole through the roof, but again, just more rocks.

"What did that idiot mess up now?" J asked, angrily as she kept clawing away. V would spot a little ray of light entering from outside, though, and she'd start knocking the rocks down on that side. Finally, light flooded in.

Both V and J would step out of the dust, with V being the first to voice her surprise. "A mineshaft?" J would just shrug. "Orders are orders. Let's go." But just before they did, they'd both spot what looked like the severed arm of a murder drone stuck in a metal rod.