Chapter 1 - The truth revealed

"It wasn't me," 10-year-old Julie cried, the police didn't listen, and took her to the courthouse. When everyone was settled, the judge spoke, "Juliette Rose Wallace, is charged with first degree intentional reckless homicide. She is sentenced to 9 months in the detention center, and will be evaluated during that time,her bond will be 50,000 dollars." Poor Julie was lead away sobbing, she was processed into the detention center, and locked up for the night. The next day there was her first trial, when she entered the courtroom, there were people already in there. "Do you know why you are here," "for something I didn't do," "We'll see about that - by the way your bail has been brought down to 15,000." Then some one walked into the room, "your honor, we have reason to believe you are holding this girl for no apparent reason." After playing the footage that has been brought, the judge dismissed everyone, and Julie was led back to the cell. Then Julie got an idea, she wrote a message on a piece of paper, and when she went out to play, took it with her. She hid it in a bush, and waited for someone to find it. Now Nick Fury, Maria hill, and Sharon Carter just so happened to be near the same bush, and Maria heard rustling. She looked and saw Julie placing the letter in the bush, she took the letter, and read it out to Nick, and Sharon. Help! My name is Juliette, but people call me Julie. I am a 10-year-old girl, who is in this detention center falsely accused of homicide. I tried telling them the truth, but they wouldn't listen, here's the truth. When I was in school there was a active shooter, I was in the bathroom, and didn't come out. I waited until it was safe, but then I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The school security saw me, and thought I killed the student, which why would I kill Jancie? She was my best friend, I tried defending myself but nobody listened to me. I was ripped from my family, and put into Foster Care, and up for adoption. Nick, Maria, and Sharon knew what had to be done. They went into the center, and asked to speak with the head of the center. After 1 hour, they agreed to have a date set up to talk with a judge about the case. The next day Julie was brought back to the courtroom, and she saw Nick, Sharon, and Maria. She knew by their faces they found her letter, as the case wore on. It became evident that Julie was not in the wrong, and they were forced to let her go. She was handed over to social services, who handed her over to Sharon Carter. Sharon took Julie home, and on the way home, "are you alright?" ''Yeah I'm fine," "that was smart of you to write that letter," Julie smiled. At Sharon's house, she ran into Steve Rogers who had heard Julie's story. When he saw Julie, he smiled at her, then he found out Sharon was adopting Julie, which Julie didn't know so when she found out, she was excited. When they were settled Sharon had already started the process of buying another house, knowing she would adopt someday. However, Julie had developed trust issues, and told Sharon who completely understood. When they moved, it took a while to get settled in, and Julie started showing signs of mental illness. Worried, Sharon took her to see Bruce, and he confirmed she has PTSD.