Meeting the Libero

"How can you still not receive the ball?!" Kageyama shouts as yet another ball goes flying into the rafters.

"That one was much better than the others," Hinata tries to defend.

"That doesn't mean it's good!" Kageyama gets more frustrated.

"ONE MORE!" Hinata shouts hoping for another chance

Kageyama growls before grabbing another ball and sending a jump serve even harder than the others. His frustration causes him to lose focus making the ball target closer to the net.

Hinata gasps realizing too late. Trying to run to it when a blur comes in causing the ball to lose all power and spin to land perfectly in the basket setup where the setter should be.

"Waaaaaa! That was so Woosh and then Bam!" Hinata starts cheering and eyes brighten.

The boy making the incredible receive turns around with the largest smile Hinata has ever seen.

"Thanks, but that was really nothing," Nishinoya continues smiling.

"So do you play?" Kageyama trying to hide being impressed.

"Yeah, I'm Yu Nishinoya. I'm Karasuno's libero. I take it you are the first years I've heard about," Nishinoya has a mischievous grin.

A bang from the gym door opening draws their attention!

"Noya you're back!" Tanaka shouts running to his friend.

Their close friendship is clear by the overly dramatic hug, greeting they give. Daichi walks in.

"Who is he?" Kageyama asks again, remaining skeptical of this new teammate's skills from one good receive.

"YOU DON'T KNOW!" Tanaka shouts.

Kageyama and Hinata shake their heads. Daichi pulls back Tanaka who is still glaring at the first years.

"He's a top ranked libero," Daichi explains before whispering. "Some call him the Guardian Deity."

"THAT'S RIGHT!" Noya shouts becoming more smug by the Captain's indirect compliment.

Hinata awes and stares starry-eyed at the second year libero. Even Kageyama was becoming more impressed.

"Where's the rest of the team? I was hoping to see our Ace practicing before I head to class," Noya continues smiling, not noticing the awkward quietness from his teammates.

"Well you see," Daichi starts.

"HE QUIT," Tanaka shouts, not being able to stand the awkwardness.

"Coward," Noya mutters, not being surprised.

"Hey now! That's not fair. He didn't quit exactly. He just hasn't been here," Daichi tries to defend but not putting much effort in.

"He's still a coward," Noya starts getting agitated. "How dare he leave the team like that. I won't stand for it! I'll get him back."

Noya takes off. Not giving anyone time to stop him. Tanaka and Daichi look at each other with some worry of what Noya will do. Even if they are holding onto hope that he succeeds.

Meanwhile Noya was rushing through the hallways, "ASAHI!!!"

Drawing attention from nearby students as he searches for his teammate. Not paying any mind to the scene he is causing. His whole focus is to knock some sense into his friend.

He makes a sharp turn on the third years' floor only to come to a dead stop, losing his sight, and yet feeling completely comforted.

"Ahhh!" a high pitch shriek comes from the comforting form, which Noya now realizes is a person with arms encasing him.

He moves his face a little still confused by the darkness, only to cause another shriek. He hears a door slams open adding to his confusion.

"NOYA?!" a familiar voice shouts.

Noya feels himself being spun around still in the darkness and completely contained. A shiver and heat spreads through the person embracing him.

Noya feels himself get shoved away to lock eyes with a cute tall girl blushing crimson red. She looks horrified and embarrassed. While Noya stares in confusion only to feel hands on his shoulders before he stumbles to the ground.

He looks up to the person holding his shoulder, "Asahi! There you are!"

Asahi's face is also becoming more flushed as he looks at Noya then back to the startled girl. Noya looks back to see the girl awkwardly fidgeting and thinking something over.

Noya is still confused. He asks casually, "What's wrong?"

The girl stiffens before sprinting off. Noya looks back to Asahi who can't look at him, but helps him stand up straight on his own.

Asahi clears his throat, "I'm pretty sure you collided into that girl who caught you. Before you ugh. Well you kind of."

He couldn't say what he saw without going more red.

"SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!" Noya becomes impatient.

"You kind of rubbed your face into her chest," Asahi avoids eye contact with Noya.

"I DID WHAT?!" Noya looks shocked but not in the way Asahi thought. "You mean I was embraced by that goddess and got to press my face into the softest clouds ever?!"

Noya begins pouting that he didn't even get to enjoy the most perfect embrace. Asahi slaps him upside the head. The students that were around began to awkwardly leave for their classes, after the encounter they just witnessed.

Asahi hits him upside the head once more.

"Ouch that hurts Asahi," Noya rubs the back of his head.

"You are an idiot sometimes. Also, Yui is going to kill you when she finds out," Asahi sighs.

"What? Why?" Noya being oblivious.

"That was one of the second years on her team. How do you not know that?" Asahi stares in disbelief.

Noya only shrugs, "Wait a minute I came here to talk to you! Why aren't you at practice?"

Asahi pales not wanting to talk about it, but Noya won't take no for an answer and starts pestering Asahi about returning again.

The bell rings to notify the start of class forcing Noya to leave the matter for now. Throughout the rest of the day Noya makes it his mission to convince Asahi to come back to practice at least. While on the side looking for this second year he somehow overlooked.

Class ends and Noya rushes to practice to see if Asahi decides to show up. His eyes widen seeing the girl walking down the hall. She is rather easy to see over the crowd.

"How haven't I seen you before?" he mutters to himself.

"Seen who?" Tanaka asks.

"Hi Tanaka. I met the most gorgeous goddess today. Tall, beautiful, kind of shy, and she plays volleyball?! She's perfect," Noya morphs his brief moment of interaction into a delusional daydream.

"Do you mean Anko?"

"Yes, it must be her! Do you know her?" His eyes bright with hope.

"Not really but we did meet a little while ago," Tanaka scratches his cheek feeling embarrassed remembering the scolding Daichi gave him and the slight fear of Yui finding out.

"I need to meet her!" Noya's excitement grows knowing who she is now.

Tanaka still feels uneasy, "You can stop by before their practice starts."

Noya smiles brightly before shuttering at the thought of running into Yui if she finds out about what happened, "Umm maybe I'll try to meet her away from her Capt... I mean other teammates. You know, more natural."

Tanaka shrugs before heading to the locker room with Noya following behind clearly deep in thought.