1

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Something burned at her eyes. It wasn't fire, perhaps the onions she had cut for the that night's dinner. No, she had just finished cleaning up the evening cutlery, maybe it was the ashes! Yes, the ashes from each fireplace, it always caused her eyes to water and itch. Why did she feel so fatigued? A pain on her head... Her head... Something hit her... And sweat that drenched her face and body, as if she had just finished all her chores for the day.

She fluttered her eyes open and rubbed them gently, studying her surroundings. The bed beneath her, was velvety and soft, like nothing she'd ever felt before. Stepmother wouldn't let her sleep with such expensive fabrics, no, she was too low for something as luxurious as those. The walls were painted blue with delicate patterns of silver. Large windows were covered by delicate, white nettings, full of frills and lace. As small writer's desk accommodated the small room with a few plants and a bookshelf the fill the space.

Her eyes widened in surprise, with a small gasp escaping her lips.

Where was she?

What about stepmother?

What about the ball?

A panic submerged in her chest, she bit her quivering lip and hugged her knees to her chest. The pink dress she was wearing was torn and disheveled, courtesy her two stepsisters. The string of what was left of the pearl, turquoise necklace she was wearing sat miserably around her neck. What on Earth happened?

And then a knock could be heard from the other side of the door.

She flinched slightly and replied shakily, "Yes? Hello?"

The door opened revealing a tall man with a pair of square glasses. He put his head outside mumbling softly, "She's awake, let's not startle her now." More footsteps filled the room, along with the presence of 3 other young men, all intimidating at the very least.

She avoided their gazes, clutching her knees closer to her chest. Their gazes picked at her state, making her feel her small, usual self.

"Please, fear not," That same man who first entered brushed his dusty-blonde hair back, "We're only trying to help."

She looked up at them all, slowly, taking in their appearances. "I-I," She stuttered softly, "I beg your pardon..."
She spoke with politeness as the 4 of them waited patiently, "Who might you all be...?"

Their eyes grew wide in complete surprise. How could she not know, at least, the Prince of Lucis who stood before her?

"Y'mean," The short blondie gawked at her question, "You don't know who this guy is?" He pointed to the raven-haired man, who's arms were crossed, looking straight at her. She shook her head, slightly confused, "Where exactly am I? I need to get home before stepmother comes back."

"Step mother?" The larger man spoke, his arms covered with toned muscles and large tattoos.

"Miss," The man with the glasses looked at her concerned, "Do you mind telling us your name?"

She pushed her golden locks behind her ear and sat up straight, "My name is Ella," She cleared her throat, "But everyone calls me Cinderella."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*