revenge and injures

I stared at him. I stared at his muscular, smooth arms. His hazel eyes. His long dreadlock. His black nail polish on his probably warm hands. Crap he's hot.

I could hear the gasps of my bullies as they heard the word “boyfriend” left his mouth. Kaitlyn's eyes widened as she took a double take, questioning what she heard, “boyfriend?” She repeated, her eyes staring holes into my head. “Yep” Xander confirmed, popping the ‘p’ on his lips.  There was a moment of silence before she started to laugh. Snorting a bit as practically she bent down laughing. “Oh that's good! Someone wants to date ugly betty! HA!” Xander tilted his head in confusion, almost like a puppy, as he watched Kaitlyn laughing, he blinked before huffing. walking slowly toward Kaitlyn he raised his arm and yanked on her hair, pulling her onto the ground. “OW! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!” Kaitlyn screamed as I started to giggle. 

“Come on, mortal.” Xander said, reaching out his hand towards me, I held in a gasp as he hoisted me up. I stumbled forward and he grabbed me, holding me before I fell. I looked up to see him slightly frowning as he looked at my bruises from Kaitlyn. “Thanks” I breathed out. “It's not like I had a choice now did I?” He growls, “no, no you didn't.” I say proudly. “Come on,” he says, “I'm tired of her dumb face.” he tilts his head towards Kaitlyn, “it's getting boring.” he grabs me by the arm and leads me away as Kaitlyn looks at us in shock.

“You look tired.” I note, looking at the dark circles under his eyes, trying to make small talk, incredibly lost. “Yeah that's what happens when you get summoned in the middle of the night.” He replies, and I get the note and stay silent as we walk. 

“Sit.” He commands when we reach to a wooden bench, I comply, sitting on the side as I watch him closely. He looks around before snapping his fingers, I blink in surprise when a med-kit appears out of thin air. “Show me.” He says and I remove my green jacket, revealing a long deep scratch, I roll up my long baggy pants and let him clean my scraps from my fell to the ground. I notice just how carefully he cleans my injuries, like if he would hurt me he would feel it himself. “How did you learn to treat injuries?” I ask, he rolls his eyes in annoyance, like he can't believe how ridiculous I am, “ they teach you that in boot camp,” he says, not even looking at me, “got to know how to take care of an injury before you get one on the battlefield.” he adds, “Battlefield?” I question, he looks up at me, raising his eyebrows, “are all humans that stupid that you need to repeat what you say to them multiple times?” He asks me in annoyance, “are all demons acting like jerks?” I reply, “whatever…” he mutters. 

“I'm surprised you helped.” I say, “maybe I just want to manipulate you to release me from our deal.” he mocks and I swear if he still had his tail it would hit twitch with annoyance. “So, human,” he starts, “what is your plan?” He asks, I smile maliciously, “you,” I say, pointing my finger to his chest, “are going to be my bodyguard.” “bodyguard?” He echoes, his deep voice full of curiosity. “and here I thought I was supposed to be your boyfriend.” he pondered, “Oh you are, you can be both.” I explain to him. “How so?” He asks, “for one, clearly you can fight,” I acknowledge, gesturing towards his muscular arms, “and for two,” I put on a sweet and hyper feminine voice, “boyfriends are supposed to protect their girlfriends!” I say, batting my eyes at him, he huffs, “alright mortal, whatever you say.” He say, amused.

He finishes treating my injuries, putting on a bandage on the worst one. “Here you go.” he mutters as he closes the first-aid kit. “Thanks.” I reply hesitantly, “I'm surprised you actually came,” I admit, “I kind of expect you to find a way to worm out of our deal.” I tell him, “I know better than to try and get away from magically sealed deals,” he sigh, “had my fair share of idiotic people, mortals or not.” I wonder what he means by that, I'm about to ask him when the school bell rings, signaling the end of the break, “come on human,” he says, “we have to go class now, don't we?”