𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

⎯⎯ 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

⎯⎯ 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

𝕿he day started off very, very bad.

From navigating an early morning flight to New Jersey from Michigan to almost getting late for her new modelling gig, Aurora had come close to having a breakdown at least thrice and it is not even evening yet.

She'd only found some peace at lunch, busy chewing on her salad and scrolling through her phone when she received a phone call that would drive her to the brink of insanity again.

The only high school friend she'd kept in contact with had been Audrey and her older sister, Sarah. They'd been really close in school and practically family out of those insufferable walls and so, Aurora would always be there no matter what they needed from her.

And she loves doing it too — knowing that there is someone in this world besides her family who truly values her for who she is.

Five minutes into her lunch break and Sarah had called to inform her that she's getting married.

Now, you'd think that would be a cause for celebration for Aurora who's always thought of the twenty-six year old as the older sister she never had.

And it was, for a few minutes.

Until she realised what that meant.

Sarah who lives in New York and began dating Owen back from their hometown because he's been working there at a law firm since quite some time now, and Bradley, Owen's twenty year old Columbia Law School bound brother who used to be someone Aurora never thought she'd lose.

Until she did, all thanks to him.

Bradley Carlsson followed in his brother's footsteps and moved to New York to stay closer to his older sibling and make a career in law later on.

And while Brad would never miss his own brother's wedding, Aurora didn't think she had much choice to deny Sarah either because she's happy for her and she wants to be there on her big day, feel like she's part of something that really matters to her loved ones.

She had been enthusiastic and said of course she'd be there! But when Sarah hung up and Aurora was left to her own thoughts, lonely occupying a table in the corner of the restaurant she realised what she had gotten herself into.