unprotected handholding 3 (final part and updated with paragraph breaks)

"Maybe I actually do love him."

I froze the moment I realized that. I had only ever seen Masachika Kuze as a wonderful friend prior to this realization. But would he feel the same way if I were to confess my feelings to him? How would I even confess to him? Where would I confess to him? Many thoughts were rushing through my head all at once, but I knew I had to confess my feelings to him one way or another.

I picked up my phone and texted him:
> "Hey Kuze, do you think we can meet up at the park tomorrow at noon?"

After pressing send, I put my phone aside to charge. I went towards my wardrobe and got my pajamas on. Once I got them on, I headed to bed. I looked up at the ceiling, pondering what I was going to say for my confession. No matter what I thought of, I just couldn't think of how I should word it. It had felt like I had spent months thinking of how I would confess in the span of a few minutes. Instead of continuing to struggle, I grabbed my alarm clock and set it for 6 a.m. Completely defeated, I headed off to bed.

Once I woke up, I checked my phone and saw that Kuze had replied to my text from last night:
> "Sadly, I'll be busy at noon. How about 9 AM?"

Nervously, I replied with:
> "Uh, sure, 9 AM is fine."

After uncontrollably groaning, I got up from bed and started making pancakes for myself and Masha. She likes them cat-shaped with sprinkles and syrup, while I like mine normally shaped with no syrup. Shortly after finishing them, she woke up and said, "Good morning, Alya."

"Good morning, Masha, the pancakes are don-" And before I could finish my sentence, she ran towards the dish and sat down once she got them. I followed her lead, got my pancakes, and sat down beside her. "Masha, have you ever struggled with how you should word things?"

"Oh, all the time when I write stories from a first-person perspective, I worry that I overuse the letter I all the time. Honestly, I prefer writing from a third-person perspective over a first-person perspective.

"Not really what I meant, but okay," I pouted. "Why did you even ask me in the first place?"

Masha wondered.

"Well, I just wanted to know if you'v-"

"You want to confess to someone, don't you?"

I automatically started blushing.

"No, it's not that."

"It is."

"No, it isn't."

"I'll help you out if you're honest with me."

I sighed.

"Fine, it is about a confession."

"Well, why don't you try a simple I love you?"

"I could try that, but would it really be meaningful?"

"Well, I think even a simple I love you can be effective; it's small yet powerful because, well, yes, it isn't planned out and extraordinary, but it can still go a long way."

"Alright, I'll try it, but if he rejects me, I'll make you look at the wonderful "fan art" of you that horny people use to fa-"

"Ew, I don't even want to think about that, but good luck."

"Thanks, sis."

I got up and ran out the door before running back to get out of my pajamas and put on a more casual dress. I looked around my wardrobe and picked out a dress. The dress itself was a light blue and was just a plain dress. After putting it on, I once again ran straight for the door and headed straight for the park...

But I ran out of breath and ordered a taxi to take me the rest of the way. On the way I played this fanfic's sponsor match jong, match jong is a simple mobile game where you match tiles with other corresponding tiles without running out of spaces for tiles and where you get ads thrown at you after every lev-"

The taxi driver slammed the brakes when we arrived at the park. I tipped and thanked them while waiting for Kuze. I found a bench and sat on it while playing match jong, my fingers moving at a rapid pace from tile to tile. Yay! I completed level 177013. I thought to myself as I saw Kuze arrive.

"Hey Kuze, over here!" I yell out.

Kuze rushed over when he heard me cry out. "So, what did you want?"

"I need to tell you something." I breathed in and out before whispering it in Russian. "< I love you. >"

"What was that, Alya?"

"I said..." I breathed in and out before continuing.

"I said I LOVE YOU."

Kuze and even a few passersby gasped.

"Well, I love you too, Alya."

I smiled before saying, "Well, what now?"

"I think we could maybe have a walk around the park."

"That sounds lovely."

We both got up and started holding hands. As we started walking around the park, I noticed plenty of flowers blossoming. I know it's just a coincidence, but I'll believe they blossomed like our relationship did.

End notes: And that's a wrap on Unprotected hand holding. It's finally over. Did you love it? Did you hate it? Did you love it and hate it? Your opinion aside, I'm noticing that, as of late, I'm improving as a writer-not by a lot, but still better than where I began. Also, thanks for all the support on my oshi no ko fic that I released earlier today; there will definitely be more in the foreseeable future.