Number exchange

I was utterly shocked by her forwardness. Why would she want my number? It seemed inappropriate not to give it—after all, she was a new colleague, perhaps wanting to learn more about the school. "My number is…" I began, but she leaned in so close that I could see the sweat drops clinging to her steel chain necklace.

Frozen in place, I felt like a statue, powerless to stop the unfolding events. She leaned further, deftly grabbing my phone from the desk. My mind raced. Why was she taking my phone? She was diving deep into my personal space without so much as asking. With no passcode on my phone, she easily accessed it, and I watched from the corner of my eye as she dialed a number—her own. Her phone rang. "Sree, this is my number, and I'll save yours too," she announced, giving me a smile that somehow blended masculinity with charm.

"Okay," I replied, our eyes meeting once more. Suddenly, her hand was moving toward my face again. Panic set in, freezing me in place. Her fingers gently wiped my lips, her touch unexpectedly soft, erasing any trace of the drool that had escaped during my brief nap. "You were sleeping like you were dead," she teased with a smirk, her hand lingering on my lips, leaving a sticky sensation.

I had never experienced anything like this. It was the first time someone had cared for me so intimately, leaving my stomach fluttering with nerves. I looked up into her brown eyes, which seemed fixated on my lips as she meticulously cleaned away the drool. Inch by inch, her face drew closer, escalating the tension I felt. Her hand remained on my lips and cheek, while the other found its way to my neck, causing me to catch my breath.

Her proximity was overwhelming. I could feel her breath against my skin as she drew near. My hands fidgeted with my saree, unsure where to place them in such a charged moment. She whispered into my ear, "Are you scared of me, Sree?" Her voice was sultry, reducing me to nothing more than a puppet in her hands.

She held my chin, lifting it so our eyes met again. Even through my glasses, her presence seemed to blur the edges of reality. She smirked once more, leaving me feeling deflated and utterly disarmed.