Story Workshop!

Here are all of the notes I used to create this oneshot!

________________________________________________________________________________

Mind Hive Notes

Here I have saved all my notes for you all to read and relate to the story as it is, so that you can personally try to reconstruct my process. 

I'd tell you to pay particular attention to my worldbuilding process. 

Additionally, you may notice I don't often write stuff down that I decide against, this is because I personally only write something down once I've researched and am confident about it. 

-Core Outline

//Lori is a member of a hive mind who works as a 'task coordinator and recruiter,' now she has taken up the arduous task to producing an instructional booklet for the daily life of a hive drone or coordinator, and hopes to encourage more singlies to join a hive mind, preferably hers.

//Lori will dissuade others from the normal fears of joining a hive mind, such as loss of individuality, or the inability to act in your own free will. She will also explain how much more one can express to others when they join a hive mind.

//Finally, Lori will include a daily life section, giving a detailed look into her own personal life, if there are any remaining doubts in the eyes of respective recruits.

-Notes saved for Writer's Workshop–Notes for Day as a Drone

//Daron walks home with one of his friends, Harae. She was part of the reason he initially joined the hivemind. She works as a librarian, which means she spends most of her time pouring over books, forums, and other media to catalog and compress for the hive mind's use. She also assists an engineer in cataloging the functions of artifacts.

//Some way into the walk, Harae will prod into what he's been doing, and he will talk about how Lori is having him write out a small play by play of his day in small in-person notes. He will then explain that she asked a lot of recent recruits but he was the only one who said yes.

//Harae will respond that he should've told her sooner. After all, critiquing writing is her area of expertise. She will then give him some advice on things to change and stuff to cut out.

//She will also make fun of him for a part from the beginning of the walk that describes her in an overly sensual way, and will start making fun of him for it.

//She will intentionally embarrass him, talking about how she thinks she sees him sort of like one of those ancient warriors who would have unrequited love that they go to great lengths for. She will make fun of him for this, specifically giving him an image of what it would be like if they were in a relationship through thought, before saying "wouldn't that be silly?"

//He will counter that he had lots of reasons to join the hive mind. It gave him lots of work opportunities that he didn't have otherwise, and that the social welfare is a lot better inside one than outside of one.

//Unused because overly explicit //Harae will talk about a book she read earlier in the day about stories of ancient women that would rip off the heads of their husbands, and devour them while having children. She will consider it odd and because they are sharing thoughts, she will unintentionally explicitly imagine trying to do that with him, simply to think about how it'd be done in the first place. She thinks it would be overly difficult.

–Notes for Day as a Task Coordinator

First section notes

//Lori's day starts while she is still asleep, as she has to iterate on the state of all the drones assigned to her care. She has to examine all their current states, and some of them she even needs to go and meet sometime that day. The last several days she had been giving particular care to the new recruits she'd been given, but today she had to dedicate time to maintaining drones she'd had for a long time. So she'd just passively check in on the recruits. She'd end up meeting Daron several times throughout the day, which was good considering she'd managed to get him to write the perspective piece for her booklet.