Tai Lung Returns.

The night fell quick as the purple and orange atmosphere had now become a black void with tiny white dots scattered across it. The blood moon had risen just above the horizon and had yet to reach to the highest peak in the sky.

Somewhere far across China, close to the eastern coast, the big city got engulfed by total darkness as the light of the blood moon shone upon the fortress on the mountain top. An army of Komodo soldiers were marching up and down the wall carrying heavy iron cages. Tens of them. And at the fortress, the Chameleon gazed down upon the city that she had under her thumb, satisfied and yet still power hungry as she tapped her claws against the windowsill and sighed delightfully.

It wasn't until a sharp thump sounded on the other side of the door and her soft yet sinister smile disappeared. She nodded as she told the one outside the door.

"I hope for your sake that it is urgent."

Two Komodo soldiers entered the chamber carrying a long chest that was highly secured and locked with many padlocks attached to it. They placed it down carefully in front of the Chameleon and bowed to her as they slowly backed away from the chest, allowing her to have room and stepped forwards.

The Chameleon glanced at the padlocks, just looking at them made her realize that those padlocks had the most complex and highly advanced inner structure than any other lock. With one raise of her hand, the padlocks began to shake more and more violently as she clenched her hand into a fist bit by bit, until all of them broke into microscopic pieces.

Unclenching her fist into a flat hand, the lid slowly levitated and the chest was open. The Chameleon's eyes lit up and her smile grew wider as she picked up the object that had been locked inside the chest.

The Staff of Wisdom.

"At last. After everything I've given up, after studying every wretched scroll about it, I finally got it. The Staff of Wisdom. If only that little leech would be there when I need it."

The two Komodo soldiers scurried out of the chamber as a much larger Komodo soldier entered. His entire body was covered with tattoos, but the front of his whole upper body was covered with horrendously deep scars. His lower jaw was severely crooked and one nasty scar was seen across the right side of his face and where once his eye used to be was now a big chunk of jade that served as a prosthetic.

He placed his hand on the floor while kneeling before the Chameleon, bowing deeply for her.

"Mistress."

"I trust that one of my best soldiers has been using his time wisely." She spoke, the soldier nodded.

"We have settled everything according to detail and there's no possibility of failing all that we've worked for. The horde awaits your orders."

"Excellent. For the blood moon is only one hour away from reaching its highest peak. Now, we have to go. Just because the blood moon will rise within an hour doesn't mean we have to wait that long. This one rises like no other ordinary moon." The Chameleon hummed as she reached out her hand to hold onto the soldier's to help her down.

Gesturing for him to follow her, he did and watched as the fortress's center was crawling with Komodo soldiers and when they saw the Chameleon approaching, they all made room and gathered around. The Chameleon stood in the middle with the staff as she fixated her eyes up at the night sky and the blood moon that was a bit too much to the right. The Chameleon cackled.

"Tonight, when the blood moon rises to its highest point in the night sky, I will open the door to the Spirit Realm and all of its secrets will be mine!" Grinning and breathing heavily, the Chameleon closely observed the blood moon, but it was still in its original position.