Addiction

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling a strange burning in them. I groaned and rubbed them, trying to sate the stinging pain. My vision cleared up, and the burning felt weakened, but it was still there. I tried to get up, but I felt something on me. Test Tube's hand was on my back.. Guess she fell asleep while comforting me.

I slipped out of bed, and walked to the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. My hair had a little bit of blood splatter on it, I had eye bags, and my eyes were faded with a little bit of a white hue.. Wait a damn minute.

I felt like my heart stopped beating as a noticed the slight fade in them. I shook my head, as there is no way this is even possible. I thought that they only turned somewhat white when you're blind, but I could still see. I knew those pills fucked me up, but changing my appearance? Even if just slightly, it's terrifying.

I closed the door and turned on the sink, splashing some water on my face while mumbling. "You're just seeing things, it's early in the morning. You're just waking up. It's nothing to be worried about." I opened my eyes, looking back at the mirror, expecting them to be their normal color, but they were the same. It made me panic even more.

I paced around the bathroom, knowing at least someone would notice. I tried to relax, taking some deep breaths, which just barely worked.

I looked at myself one more time, trying to think of how to explain the sudden eye discoloration. I crossed my arms and walked out of the bathroom, trying to keep myself calm. I didn't even feel like getting out of my pajamas, but I probably need to.

I looked through my closet, looking for something comfy, but I just grabbed some shorts and put them on. I yawned and walked to my nightstand to grab my phone. I grabbed my phone, but didn't even turn it on, just stare at the nightstand.

More pills.. I shook my head, slapping my forehead. Those pills are fucking you up, girl! You don't need them. I told myself, walking to the kitchen to get something to eat.

I walked in, spotting Fan and Bot, giving them both a small wave. Bot waved back and Fan just gave me a hum that sounded like "Hello", since he had a spoon in his mouth. I made myself a bowl of cereal and sat down next to both of them.

Fan was the first to speak up, putting his spoon back into his bowl. "Hey, Lightbulb!... Did you put any makeup on? You look a little different." He'd point out, raising a brow. Bot looked at him, then me. "Yeahhh! Your eye color is usually darker!" They got up a little bit, looking like they were about to yell 'objection'. I wondered how they realized so quickly, but just sat there uncomfortably.

"Oh.. Reallyyyy? I- I think they're normalll..! I didn't notice any changes with 'em." I smiled, shoving a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

They glanced at each other, looking confused. "Really? I mean, we make a bit of eye contact when we talk, and I've always known your eyes are darker than that." Bot questioned. I kept eating my cereal, trying to think of something to say. Fan nodded in agreement with them "Yeah, I don't really like eye contact, but I've always seen your eyes be bluer in pictures!"

I couldn't respond, only sit there, shrugging. "I- IIII.. Uhm.." I sunk into my seat, putting my spoon back in my bowl, grabbing the seat of my chair, nervously. They both caught on very quickly and looked less investigative. "Sorry, uh.. We don't mean to make you overwhelmed with questions. We're just a little.. Confused." He leaned over and put his hand on my shoulder. I sat up straight a little bit, sighing. "I.. I dunno."

They both looked even more confused, but didn't go on about it. Probably because they didn't want me to make me even more nervous. Bot cleared their throat and changed the subject, talking about things they've drawn recently.. Something about furries and... Garvid? I didn't really hear, too caught up in my relief. I kept eating my cereal as they went on, and on about their drawings. The whole time, I was stuck thinking about those.. Damn pills.

I felt hungry, but not for food. For them. I internally berated myself for even thinking about them again. I couldn't take them again. They make- let-.. I do horrible things when I have them. I can't take them again. I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't. I ca- SMACK!

"BOT!" Fan shouted, looking shocked. "She wouldn't snap out of it! What else did you want me to do?" They shrugged. "...TAP HER????" I rubbed my cheek, wincing. "No, no. It's fine. Thanks." I continued eating my cereal, keeping my hand on my cheek. "..But, um... You were kind of mumbling something? Something about can't. And you looked pretty.. Nervous to say the least. What was that about?" Fan questioned, looking concerned.

I wanted to just run away there, but I took a breath and stirred around my cereal. "I'm just.. Thinkin' about somethin'. I'm gonna.. Make somethin'." I smiled and waved limp wristedly. They both looked like they didn't believe my words for a second, but went back to their original conversation, occasionally glancing at me. Eventually after a few minutes, I finished eating and put my bowl into the sink, unable to stay near it for a full moment after what happened with Trophy.

I went to walk out of the kitchen, being stopped by Fan. Feelin' like this is a thing for Fan and Testy at this point. "Hey, Lightbulb? Hold on." He got up and stood in front of me. "Are you alright? You've been acting weird. Like, two days ago you're talking about taking Baxter for a walk all happily, the next day I barely see you, and now you're acting weird. And not your usual weird." I just looked at him blankly, nodding. "Yeah, uh, I'm fine!" I smiled in an attempt to reassure him.

"Promise? Because you don't seem-" I put my hands on his shoulders, shutting him up. "I promise." I pulled him in for a hug, which he reciprocated. "Okay.. Thank you." He'd pat my back and let go of the hug. "No problem!" I walked out of the kitchen, sighing when I was far enough away.

I went over to the couch, sitting down and watching TV right next to Knife, who just glanced at me and went back to watching. After a few minutes of sitting there, I watched Soap quickly go down to stairs, looking panicked. "Guys? Have you seen Mic anywhere? She's not in our room!" She tried to keep quiet, but she ended up sounding like she was yelling in lowercase.

This made both me and Knife perk up. "Uh, no? Did she text you where she went?" He asked, sitting up. She shook her head no "No! She was in her bed when I fell asleep, then gone when I woke up!" I looked between the two, Soap looked even more scared and Knife started to look anxious. "Shit, two people gone in one week?" He'd raise a brow, standing up. "We can go look for her, if you're up for it."

Hearing those words made my heart sink to my stomach, but I couldn't just stop them. I'd be suspicious. I stayed quiet, listening to their conversation. "I guess it would bring me some peace of mind if we looked around for her.. Alright, yeah. Let's go."

I watched as they both left, the thought of them finding the bodies made me start to freak out. I started to fidget with my hands, biting my lip nervously. I kept trying to convince myself it'd be okay, taking deep breaths. There's no way they'd think to check the forest right off the bat.. Right?

I crossed my arms, looking down at the ground, hoping for the best.

(A/N: I'm uuhhj hi guys my uh boy oh boy BOT MOMENT⁉️⁉️⁉️ BOT!! LIGHTBULB STEPMAMA MOMENT 🔥🔥🔥 and I had sorta no script for this chapter except bitch NEEEEDS drugs anywhoodles 1410 wordles!!!)

A Happy AccidentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara