Chapter 13: Chamber of Secrets

The rest of the train ride goes by in silence, the trio trying to come to terms with the new information. Marvolo breaks the silence shortly before they arrive: "So, you don't only meet them in dreams, but they are in this compartment right now?" Two nods.

Cassie explains: "We don't know if you'll have Niklaus following you around too, but we doubt it. If you've ever read about the Originals, you might be aware of the fact that Niklaus daggers his siblings on the regular. Kol and Rebekah are daggered right now, so their souls searched out ours, once the bond took effect." 

Kol grins and puts his arm around his soulmate. If the two boys would have been able to see him, they would have cowered. Cassiopeia is somewhat immune, being his soulmate, but the power he emits and the predatory way in which he holds himself, would make a grown man fall to his knees. There was a reason all of his siblings were so afraid of him and always kept an eye on him, when he was awake. 

Shivers crawl down the spines of all the occupants of the Great Hall. They have seen a lot of Kol, but never like this. The energy he was radiating could be felt through the screen and even the strongest felt weak in the knees. 

Even though they, themselves, were frightened beyond belief, the Black and the Potter families watch in amusement as Dumbledore pales at the sight of Kol. Any thoughts of getting Cassiopeia on his side left him immediately and it is written all over his face. An amusing sight indeed. 

No matter how amusing this sight is, James Potter can't help but feel like rolling into a ball and crying for a month or two. His little girl would be mated to Kol. To that frightening being that could rip apart an entire town with his bare hands. James, normally the biggest Jokester of their little group, is at his wits end. What was he supposed to do? And then his son, one of them, would be the mate of Rebekah Mikaelson. His children were cursed. 

Sirius hides his despair at his children's fates behind an amused smile as he watches Dumbledore. The despair is joined by determination. Maybe he couldn't keep his children from the Mikaelson family, but he could kill all of the people standing in his children's way. Unknown to himself, the Black madness shines in his eyes then.

Remus is the only one to catch Sirius shift and he would be ashamed to admit that a pleasant shiver races down his spine. He finds the protectiveness - and the madness - in the older males eyes extremely hot. Not that he could ever admit this to anyone but himself.

The train slows to a stop and the trio gets out of it. Carriages stand outside, being pulled by what seems like air. While Corvus stands there, totally unaware, Cassie and Marvolo share a look. The camera moves behind them and skeleton-like creatures are revealed. They look like horses, but they are nothing more than bone with leathery skin. 

"Oh my Merlin..." Disgust and fear paint the faces of most of the students. Only some of them were aware of the beings that pull the carriages. 

The first few months continue much the same way. People stare at Marvolo and ask questions, all of which the trio prepared for, so it wasn't much of a big deal. Marvolo pretends to be weak, all while being strong enough to take down the entirety of Hogwarts. He grumbles about that a lot when the trio is alone. 

And then everything starts on a day that seems like every other day before. They go to class, they study in the library. But then the news reach them. Miss Noris has been found, petrified, hanging right next to a wall. The words "The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir...beware" being written in blood on said wall. The entire school is in uproar. 

Cassiopeia is the first to react, jumping out of her seat and running through the halls, until she stands infront of the wall, looking at the blood slowly trailing down and smearing the writing. 

"I think I'm going to vomit. That's so disgusting."  The younger students press themselves against each other or the older students sitting next to them. But even the older students are pale at the sight. 

James leans closer to Remus: "You think, that's real blood? Like human blood?" Remus looks at him in disbelief: "How am I supposed to know, Prongs? I can't smell blood through a screen." A sheepish smile appears on the messy haired male: "Right, sorry, Moony." All he gets in reply is an eyeroll. 

Corvus and Marvolo come to a stop next to her. They take the sight in with empty eyes. Kol, in the meantime, has stepped directly up to the wall and takes the whole thing in from up close: "That's not human blood, little witch." The young teen decides to note that information down and talk about it once they are alone again. 

Corvus' voice is soft, so as not to be heard by the other students, when he whispers: "It has begun." Two nods from his siblings, before they all turn away from the disgusting sight and make their way back to their dorm. 

Kol stays infront of the wall for a moment longer, a sneer appearing on his face: "Uncreative..." Then he follows his soulmate and her siblings.