Find Forever - Lee Heeseung (Fluff)

WARNINGS: established relationship with Heeseung?! slow dancing with him late at night?! he singing love songs to you?! it's all valid warnings if you ask me, but aside from these; suggestive content; mentions of alcohol

No. Heeseung was the type of boyfriend to pick flowers on the sidewalk for you and order food past midnight. He laid blankets on the hardwood floor of your living room and made picnics on it. The lyrics of a love song and your laughter being the only furor in the middle of the sleeping city. And then, when the bowls were empty and the wine sank in, he was the type of boyfriend to ask you to dance with him.

Barefoot and clumsy, Heeseung loved to dance with you.

The night had fallen into those strange hours when no one could tell if it was really late or really early. The city was silent beyond the opened windows of your living room, allowing Heeseung's playlist to resonate as if it were the only sound in the entire world.

Along with his laughter, of course.

You looked at him, mind halted in the middle of a sentence you would never finish. You weren't sure if you had intended to be funny, you knew you were talking, trailing a long line of thoughts but then he laughed, tilting his head back and shutting his eyes in a habit you already knew.

Heeseung's body had come undone in happiness far too many times throughout the course of your relationship for you to not have it engraved in your heart. But shafts of golden luminescence reached for him tonight, embellishing his skin with a soft glow, and when he straightened himself back to look at you, it made his eyes shine, glinting in errant spheres of gold.

Heeseung was so beautiful beneath all of this — all made in reflections of the city lights and the dim flames of the candles you had lit at some moment at the beginning of the night.

You couldn't remember making the decision to reach for him, but you must have done it because he took your hand in mid-motion, thumb caressing the inside of your wrist before he brought it up to his lips and kissed it.

"Dance with me," he said. The question had no question mark, no doubt or uneasiness. Heeseung knew you would never refuse him, but he still waited for you to nod at him before he used your connected hands to pull you up.

You didn't recognize the song coming from his phone, a fast beat that had him spinning you through the hardwood floor of your living room. His movement caught you so unprepared, it made you laugh loudly, and Heeseung took it as the cue to swirl you again and again, the shirt you had stolen from him moving dangerously around your thighs until he decided to bring you back to him and pull you against his chest.

"Aren't we being too loud?" you asked.

"If your neighbors file a complaint again, maybe you will take a hint this time and move into mine."

"You want me there so badly, don't you?"

"You have no idea love," he whispered, spreading his hands at the small of your back, and bringing you closer to him. His palms were warm through the thin material of your — his shirt and your heart knocked inside of your chest, so loud you were sure he could feel it echoing through the space between you.

Heeseung's touches were no novelty to you. He had explored your body far more than anyone would or could — God, he had touched you just a few hours previously, but still there was something about being beneath his attention that would always make you a bit overwhelmed.

The song that came on next was quieter, not lazier, or languid but he leaned in as if you were to slow dance, his cheek resting against the side of your head and allowing you to breathe him in. Heeseung smelled like the woody scent of his perfume, dry imbues, and blackberry leaves — he smelled like the wine he had brought for your picnic and home.

If your heart wasn't aching already, it did then and there.

"I like this song," he said. At first, you thought it had been a statement to nobody, but he placed his lips against your ear, and the lyrics threaded through your hair as if the only thing he ever wanted was for you to know it.

"I see my future when I look into your eyes."

It was nothing extravagant. His voice came a bit low and timid, but it only made your heart ache a little bit more.

"It took your love to make my heart come alive," Heeseung sang. "Cause' I lived my life believing all love is blind."

"But everything about you is telling me this time it's forever, this time I know, and there's no doubt in my mind."

Your hands left the safety of his shoulders to slip up, fingers curling on the hair at his nape, bringing him impossibly closer. Heeseung gasped at your actions, the soft rustle of his breath hitching against your ear as he failed to sing the next lyrics, but he didn't need to — you already knew them.

You always knew them.

Forever, until my life is through. I'll be loving you forever.

The song kept going, but Heeseung stopped, drawing back just enough to look at you, his eyes lingering and simply unable to conceal the pure and unfiltered adoration he had for you.

Heeseung wasn't the type of boyfriend to buy you expensive bouquets or take you to fancy restaurants.

No. Heeseung was the type of boyfriend to pick flowers on the sidewalk for you, kneeling on the dirty pavement to pick tiny blossoms and put them in your hair. He ordered food past midnight, and laid blankets on the hardwood floor of your living room to make picnics on it. The lyrics of a love song and your laughter being the only furor in the middle of the sleeping city. And then, when the bowls were empty and the wine sank in, he was the type of boyfriend to ask you to dance with him, barefoot and clumsy, and you would barter it for nothing.

After all, this was how you found forever.