Chapter 2

Mias POV:

I was  happy when Reece told me that I'd be in charge of the nursery while he went away with Marjorie. Not about the Marjorie part but about running the nursery. Four days into their vacation I got a call from Reece's dad "hello?" I say into the phone not knowing it's him yet. "Hi Mia we need you to run the sister nursery-" before he can finish I cut him off. "I'm running Reece's nursery you know the one I'm deputy at" I'm confused. Does he want me to run both? Or just the sister one? Who would be in charge of Reece's nursery "mm hmm I know that Siobhan's actually going to be running your nursery while you run the other nursery"

I roll my eyes. I do want to go and see Charlotte because I hadn't seen her since we'd bumped into each other on the road. I was wondering who she was living it and how she was getting by but I didnt understand why I had to go over there "what about autumn" he answers saying food poisoning. I sigh "fine"

Charlottes POV:

"Hello sweetheart" I turn around to see Mia standing there. I crease my brow in confusion. "Hi Mia.." I trail off. She smirks. "What are you doing here?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest waiting for the answer. "I'm in charge.. did Reece's dad not tell you?" She asks clearly confused. She shakes her head  with an annoyed kind of look "well I'm in charge until Reece and Marjorie get back" she nods sighing.

"Uh I'll be back Carly cover for me?" I ask questioningly. Carly nods. The office is the only place I can find to call Marjorie and let her know of the goings ons at the nursery. "Hello?" I hear Marjorie's voice on the other end of the line. "Hey Marjorie how's it goinggg" I ask on the phone nervous to tell her of what's happening. "Fine why?" I hear Marjorie ask. "Well I was just calling you to give you an update and don't worry there's nothing to worry about"

"There's nothing to worry about? Charlotte you're using your reassuring nursery voice on me what's going on?" Marjorie asks. I can tell by her voice that she's extremely worried. "Nothing" I say trying to sound casual but it comes out rather high pitched. "Nothing it's just a.. it's just a tiny tiny small thing that I would have waited until you got home to talk about but I feel that you would wanna know now" I say In a rush scratching the back of my neck as I wait for her to answer "Charlotte what's going?" She repeats. I close my eyes scared of her reaction as I begin to tell her "well um two days ago uh winter and autumn went for a lovely meal at that new restaurant that opened in town" I hear Marjorie's mind ticking over. "Right?" She urges me to continue so I do as she wants "and they.. they both got food poisoning while they were there" Marjorie asks if they're okay sounding rather worried. "Yeah yeah uh well no not really actually um they're both at home resting but uh it was pretty bad they're actually going to be out of action uh at least until you get back"

"Oh well I hope they recover quickly. Well that does mean in the meantime that leaves you and sorscha to jointly run the nursery together is that ok" I swallow as I reply "oh that was what was supposed to happen" I bite my lip anxiously. Marjorie sounds confused "oh why is sorscha unwell aswell?" She asks trying to understand what I was trying to say. "No no sorscha is fine it's just that um" Marjorie prompts me to continue. "Um well the owner had different ideas about who he thought should run the nurseries".

"Nurseries as in plural? I don't understand what's the other nursery got anything to do with what's going on at our nusery" Marjorie still doesn't understand what I'm trying to say and I don't blame because to be honest I'm not being that clear or getting my point across. "So um the owner had decided that it would be a great idea for Siobhan to temporarily step into Reece's shoes and run the sister nursery" I swallow back my nervousness yet again.

"But the sister nursery have Mia running it. If Siobhan's there then where's Mia?" She says in a questioning tone. "She's um" before I can finish Charlotte walks into the office "Charlotte I thought you were taking a bathroom break?" She questions. "I um" I don't finish what I was going to say. "Are you snitching on me to Marjorie" she looks to the phone in my hand before back at me. I don't answer because I hear Marjorie shouting at the other end of the phone "I'm sorry was that Mia at our nursery" I swallow replying "yeah". Mia smirks an evil looking smirk "Marjorie not happy about me being here?" She raises an eyebrow. "Tell her that no I'm not happy about her being there and she better keep her mits away from my staff and my children!" I hear Marjorie shout. She sounds enraged. "Okay um" I look up to Mia. "It's alright I heard all that" she puts her hands on her hips. "Can't wait to get settled into this office" her eyes move around the room taking on her surroundings her eyes finally landing on the chair behind Marjorie's desk. "That chair looks really comfy" I speak back into the phone to Marjorie "Marjorie I-" she cuts me off before I can continue. "Yea I heard all that right you tell her that Marjorie" I stop her from continuing. "I can't  go between you two okay I just wanted to call you and warn you about who was here"

"Right okay yeah look I will deal with that when I get back I really appreciate you actually telling me about this" she stops speaking and I hear her shout at Reece to let go of some of the covers. "Okay look you need to get backbone and you need to get it good okay. You cannot let her get her claws into you. I mean it Charlotte" I nod. "Right" I reply to her. "Of course I will do bye" I hang up the phone standing up taller and glaring at Mia. Her eyes roam down my whole body before going back up to my face again. "Do you know Charlotte out of everyone you're my favourite your so cute"

"Well im not being cute for you" I say. I know winter would definitely not be proud of that and I regret saying it the minute it came out of my mouth. She laughs "sure" she winks at me and walks off. I sigh a deep sigh before going back to  work.

I know this chapter is mainly going over storylines from Charlotte but I thought we needed a chapter like this sorry my next original chapter will be out this evening :)