i. night : morning

2:am"send me your location, let's focus on communications

2:am
"send me your location, let's focus on communications."

SAINT HOLT strolled through the bustling yet deserted streets of New York, her gaze fixed downward, hands nestled in her pockets, and her hood shielding her from the city's silent but loud ambiance.

Her black puffer jacket and hoodie provided a barrier against the chilly bite of spring's unwelcome embrace. Though dawn approached, signaling the start of her workday, she felt compelled to pause and reflect.

She walked into a small corner store near her apartment. She looked up to greet the worker who was always working around this time, but she wasn't there. A stubby male with peach fuzz crawling on his face stood behind the counter, his eyes narrowing as he laid vision of her.

She gave an awkward nod and went to the back, scanning over the freezer door and scanning over the series of drinks behind the clear glass door.

Pushing up her browline black glasses, she opened the door and grabbed an Arizona sweet tea, turning around to walk to the snack aisle.

She jumped when she saw the same clerk standing a few feet behind her, 'stocking' the shelves. She furrowed her eyebrows as she glanced at the male while walking past him.

She shook her head free from thoughts as she walked into the candy aisle. Her eyes landed on gummy bears. With her two items, she walked up to register.

The male clerk already there took her items pursing his lips into a thin line as he scanned her products, glancing over her jacket and making eye contact with her.

"$5.26" He spoke, his voice as short as him and a bit pitched. Saint nodded and grabbed her wallet out of her pocket, placing the money on the counter.

She watched the man grab it and put the five-dollar bill up to the light, her forehead crinkling.

The male grabbed the coins and placed them in the register along with the bill bagging her items and passing the bag to her.

She gave him a small thanks in return and turned around. She walked out of the store and down the street to her apartment.

One hand in her pocket and one holding the black bag containing her late-morning cravings. She swayed the bag back and forth her eyes up ahead.

She finally got home and changed into her pajamas. Placing her bag on the counter and laying on the couch she decided to close her eyes just for a bit.

"at times I wonder why you fool with me, but this is new to me, this is new to you."

A bit accidentally caused her to sleep in until ten, making her late to help her father watch his dog, Cheddar after receiving his house was on fire or something.