[] Chapter 2: Afterlife Battlefront []

__________________________________________
𝐊𝐢𝐲𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
__________________________________________

.

..

...

....

.....

......

I jolted open my eyes as rays of sunlight fell upon them, finding myself in what seemed to be the school infirmary. I realized I was topless, my shirt placed to the side, its chest area stained with my blood.

Remembering what happened last night, I quickly rubbed my chest, only to find that I was completely fine.

'So this is what that white-haired girl and Yuri meant. I didn't die, though I did feel the pain last night when that white-haired girl caught me off guard and stabbed me,' I pondered over the events of the previous night.

I instinctively looked to the right and saw the same red-haired guy from last night lying on the other bed, his shirt also stained with blood.

"Oh, it's that guy," I muttered silently as I began to put on my black blazer. I decided to leave quietly, not wanting to wake him up.

I walked towards the exit door of the infirmary, only to be blocked by a boy whom I obviously didn't know. He was a tall and fit young man with purple hair and eyes, and tanned skin.

He wore a school uniform with an 'SSS' logo patch on his blazer's arm. But what caught my attention was the huge halberd he was holding.

His expression didn't seem friendly at all, in fact, it gave off a vibe that he was anything but happy.

"Can I help you?" I asked with my usual indifferent expression.

"So you're the punk who insulted Yurippe and refused to join the force?!" the purple-haired boy exclaimed, extending his halberd towards me.

'What in the blue hell is this guy talking about? Wait, Yurippe?... Could this guy have misunderstood me for that boy over there?' I thought, glancing towards the still unconscious red-haired boy on the bed.

"........" I stayed silent, continuing to look at him apathetically.

"You wanna die," the boy threatened as he closed the distance between us, still extending his halberd, its blade gleaming in the sunlight.

'Yep, most definitely, this guy misunderstood me for that guy... Here we go again,' I thought, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I'd like to see you try," I retorted, further infuriating him. I mean, this is a world where no one can die.

"Die a hundred times, die, die, die, die..." the boy continued, swinging his halberd at me repeatedly, but I effortlessly dodged every single one of his attempts, leaving him exhausted.