~53~ Teenage Rebellion

Julianne's POV

Nico turns to look at me and pulls me into a hug. "He'll be fine. If I tell you to git to bed, will it do any good?"

"No," I smirk, and he lets out a grin.

"Figured. All you Thompson's are stubborn as hell and you's make me tired."

I sit down on the couch and Nico sits with me. "I'm scared," I say softly.

He pulls me in against his side and kisses my hair. "I know."

"Do you really think Tate is okay?" I ask after a moment.

"Yeah. I think he went to a friend's house and crashed."

"So you think Holden is being stupid?"

He's quiet for a moment and then shakes his head. "Nah, I've got a younger brother. I woulda done the exact same thing."

"You wanted to go with him, didn't you?"

He gives me an ashamed smirk. "Yeah. I thought about suggestin' that Ryan stay with ya, but after what happened last week I don't know if I trust him....."

"You think he's the murderer?" I gasp.

Nico scratches the back of his neck and shrugs. "I don't know. I love that dude.. But he lied when he said he was only smokin' for ten minutes....But then again I was seriously questionin' if Brandy was the murderer, so what the hell do I know?"

He looks at his phone for a moment and then back at me. "He's at his favorite spot on the beach. Hopefully Young Holden is too."

~*~

I stay up until Holden gets back at 2am, and Tate isn't with him.

"Holden," Nico sighs as he comes over and pulls him into a hug.

"I can't find him, Neek," he cries softly into his friend's neck, and Nico holds him while he cries. When Holden composes himself, he straightens and wipes his tears away quickly and blows out a big breath.

"I don't know what to do," he whispers, and then glances over at me, seeing me for the first time.

"You're not in bed?"

"I wouldn't have been able to sleep," I say, and Holden surprises me by simply nodding.

"Thanks for staying with her, Nico," he says as he sniffs and claps him on the back.

"Sure...Got any extra blankets?" He asks.

"Why?"

"Cause I sure as hell ain't sleepin' in your bed with ya!"

"What?"

Nico squeezes Holden's shoulder. "I ain't leavin' tonight. In the mornin', we will find him. You need to get some sleep."

Holden shakes his head as his chin quivers again. "There's no way I'll be able to."

"You need to try. Come on, T...." Nico says softly.

"Jules, you too. Git on to bed," Nico says, and I'm too tired to argue. I get up and go to my room, and have to blink several times.

"Holden?" I say, and his head turns to me.

"Yeah?"

I simply point, and both men quickly walk over to me and follow my finger.

Tate is sleeping in his bed

~*~

"What the hell?!?!" Holden seethes, yet goes limp with relief. Nico grabs him and steadies him until Holden can hold himself up on his own.