~38~ You're Such a Hypocrite!

Tate's POV

Everything happens too fast for me to even budge, but three things are simultaneous.

•Holden crashes into the man and they both go sprawling onto the floor.
•Quinn jumps over the bar herself to try to get in the middle of the attack.
•The lady he is with screams bloody murder and begs for someone to help him.

I get up from my spot reflexively, but before Nico goes to stop Holden, he turns to me. "Sit your ass down! You're not gettin' in the middle of your brother's fists!"

The intensity on his face makes me listen, but I stand so I can see.

Holden is tearing him up as his fists connect to his face over and over, and he gets some jabs into the guys' side as he continues fighting on the ground without standing up...And the woman is screaming like she's the one being beat.

Quinn is able to get her shin in between Holden and the man, and she leans down in a weird crouch as she shoves her shin down onto Holden's chest, collectively stunning Holden for just long enough so she can get him on his back.

It isn't long enough though, and Holden sits up quickly and grabs her, literally picking her up and dropping her on the other side of him...Out of the way of the fight.

And that pisses her off as she starts to get back in the middle of them.

"STOP" Nico booms at her. "He'll never forgive himself if he punches you on accident. STAY OUT OF THE WAY, QUINN!"

Quinn's eyes are fiery, but she simply nods as she crosses her arms in anger.

Nico bends down to wrap his arms around Holden and stands straight up, pulling him off of the fat asshole.

"Quit sittin' on your ass, Ryker, and help!" Nico screams to a local who is thoroughly enjoying the show. Ryker rolls his eyes as he gets up and picks the fat guy up...With some strain because man that dude needs to go on a diet.

Holden is still flailing his body and trying to get loose, but Nico spins him and shoves his back against the bar.

"Holden, I need you to quit. Please? I already feel like shit and if Grebner comes in and halls yur scrawny ass outta here, it's gonna make the rest of the night borin'," he says.

Holden shakes his head as he calms just a little, and looks over at Ryker who's getting the man up on his feet...He's bloody and wobbling, and I gotta admit, it's satisfying as hell. Holden gingerly touches his split lip, and wipes his hand on his pants when a trace of blood gets left behind.

"You just stood there and took it, Nico! You didn't have to do that!" He says angrily

"What are you talking about? I do it every damn day!" Nico says with an attitude, and I think that's the first time I've ever heard one from him.

"Nobody has ever come in here like this before!" Holden argues as he wipes at some more blood on his lip.

"Holden, you're white! You don't get it! I love you but you don't get it. Every single day, someone does somethin'."

"What are you talking about?" He asks as Grebner walks in and surveys the situation quickly.

"Did you know that when I'm walkin' around town, and a group of tourists see me, I whistle a cheery song so they don't think I'm tryin' to rob them? Or rape them? People get nervous when a black man walks by...When I serve someone and they ask me what my day job is, and I tell them I'm a Psychology teacher, their eyes widen. They can't believe I know anythin' about Psychology. How could I? I'm a black man."