Main Storyline || Chapter Three || A Hospital So White and Clean

When Earth woke up, he woke up with a sharp pang of pain. His vision was blurry and he could feel everything and yet nothing all at the same time; All he could hear was this ringing in his ears. It was possibly the most disorienting thing they've ever experienced. He tried to regain his bearings and sit up but doing so proved to be very difficult, what with the wires and tubes connected to him — not to mention the vaguely human weight on his numb legs. As he was trying to regain his bearings, a nurse entered the room, catching his attention. The weight on his legs also seemed to notice the new presence in the room. It sat up and turned to the nurse. Earth blinked a few times, clearing his vision. Now he could see it was his brother, Luna, that had been laying on him — and what a relief that was, he feared he'd never see her again when he was brought to the hospital.

As Earth laid there, limbs still refusing to move, the ringing stopped and slowly his hearing started to return — the nurse's and his brother's voices were muffled still, but a muffled sound is better than none at all. Slowly the planet–turned–human shifted his still–heavy head to look at his moon. This of course caught the moon's attention, "Terra," the moon shouted as the nurse left the room — most likely to get a doctor, "You're awake!"

The planet tried to speak but his throat was sore and dry — just how long had he been out of commission?

"Oh! Do you need water?" Luna asked. When Terra nodded she ran to the sink and filled up a plastic cup with tap water, quickly — yet carefully — returning to the bed where Earth had tenderly propped himself up onto his elbows. She carefully assisted her brother in taking a drink, "Is that better?" she asked.

Earth laid back down with a sigh, "Yes," he replied, "Thank you. How long was I out?"

"Well —" Luna stated before getting cut off by the doctor entering the room.

"Hello, Terra, was it?" the doctor asked.

"Y – yes sir."

"Good. Good." he said walking over to the IV, "What do you remember?"

"Well," Terra started, "I remember waiting for Dante to come to the park, like he does everyday after daycare. I'd been sick for a while and it got especially bad the past couple of days. I remember getting very dizzy and hot and then I was out of it..."

The doctor nodded, backing away from the IV, "Go on."

"After a while I remember waking up to see Luna, Dante, and Dante's Mum," Terra continued hesitantly, "I don't remember much after that... I just remember getting told that I was going to the hospital and being worried that I'd be separated from Luna... The next thing I know I wake up here."

"I see," the doctor said, going over to the patient chart, "Can you tell me how bad it hurts on a scale of one to ten, one being no pain and ten being extremely painful."

"Ah — well, I'd say the pain level is a two, maybe a three." he said, sitting up carefully.

"Alright," the doctor jots something down on the chart, "and where exactly does it hurt?"

"My throat, mainly — the rest of my body is numb at the moment." Earth paused for a moment before adding, "It's a bit hard to breathe."

The doctor hummed, "Good news — you should be able to leave soon. It was a viral infection of the lungs. We had to perform a surgery, but you healed remarkably quickly."

"Wait! What's going to happen to us when I'm released?" The once planet worriedly questioned the doctor. Were they going to be separated? Would anybody want them? What would happen to Luna? To him?

"Well, your foster parent will come pick you guys up. She'll have to sign you out, and you'll need regular doctors appointments — both you and your brother." At the mention of doctors appointments Earth made a face, which the doctor must've seen for he continued, "From what we've been told you are a very sickly child and during your stay we've noticed that Luna bruises very easily."

"A foster parent..?" Earth questioned, furrowing his brows.

Noticing his worry, Luna crawled up onto the hospital bed and exclaimed, "It's okay, Terra! At least we'll be together, right?" whilst shifting himself to sit near his injured sibling.

"Right!" the planet nods, pulling his moon closer into his side. He gives the back of her head a kiss. With a smile and a sense of melancholy he mumbles, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"What?"

"Nothing, Luna. Don't worry about it."