Main Storyline || Prologue || My Body's Looking Wrong

Earth isn’t quite sure how they got here, on his surface with their moon, but they’re here now. The whole moon revolution had just been disbanded and all the moons returned to their planets in their proper orbits, and then he was waking up in an alleyway, next to what he thought was one of his earthlings. At first glance he hadn’t recognized the figure next to him — the humanoid appearance throwing him off — but it didn’t take them long to recognize her as their moon. Her hair mimicked her celestial surface and the lighter patches on her skin — which Earth remembered is called vitiligo — matches the craters upon her surface. As a human she looked young, maybe five, six years old, adorned in simple black shorts and a blue-hued t-shirt that seemed to be a size too big for her.

Their first instinct had been, of course, to panic — wouldn’t you, if you had woken up on your surface, in a form you just barely know, and in a place that’s literally a part of you? It shouldn’t be possible, yet here he was. An earthling on Earth’s surface, despite being Earth itself. It was completely illogical. Absolutely unfathomable. Impossible. Reality-shattering, even.

After a mild panic attack, Earth forced himself to calm down. As strange and scary as this is, he needs to stay calm — he still has Luna, who has yet to wake up, to take care of. He wouldn’t let her down, not his moon who was so loyal to him despite how terrible he treated her. Looking up he noticed the sky, which was bathing the land in red and orange hue. The shifting hues of the skies told Earth that a new day had begun and as early sunlight shone between the two buildings a reflection caught the corner of his eye. Upon closer inspection it would seem a shattered mirror had been abandoned in the alleyway. Earth went to get a closer look at the mirror and caught a glimpse of himself. Much like Luna his hair matched his celestial body and he too had vitiligo, though his matched his landmasses. He had a similar outfit to Luna, though the shirt was a pale sage, and he had scars covering his arms and legs, no doubt as a reminder of the abuse his earthlings have put him through.

Seemingly in some kind of trance he picked up a mirror shard only to cut himself on it “Ack—”

“Earth?! Are you okay?!” A voice sounded behind him and soon he felt a body stumble into him. “What happened to us?” questioned his moon, “Why are we earthlings?!”

“I-I don't know, Luna,” the Earth said, hoping to calm his moon as he helped steady him, “we’re on my surface but I don’t know…” he trailed off when a black strap, coming from behind the mirror, caught his eye, “Huh? What’s that?”

“What’s, what?”

Earth stayed silent. Making no noise as he moved the mirror, barely letting out a hiss when he cut himself on the shards, “It’s a satchel! It seems to be in pretty good condition, too!”

As Luna peered over his planet’s shoulder with an inquisitive look, he muttered out the simple question: “What’s in it?”

“Let’s see…” Earth unzipped the backpack and peered in, “There’s a tarp, a blanket, an electric lantern, some rope, and a few clothes..” They said as they pulled out the items in turn.

Each item was usable but damaged in some way; the lantern’s top was cracked and chipped and the tarp had some holes in it, the rope was short and frayed and the blanket looked like it had been ripped and sewn back together several times. All the clothes had stains and they were several sizes too big for the celestial objects, still, “It’s better to have something rather than nothing,” reasoned Earth as they shoved the items back into the bag, “Now, let’s see if we can find a shelter of some kind. Who knows how long we’ll be stuck like this.”

“Okay…” Luna said with an uneasy look on his face and anxiety bubbling in his stomach. He grabbed the Earth's hand, keeping close to him; he didn’t know why this happened, but he was determined to stay by Earth’s side. They only have each other now…

--------------------------------------------------------------

Venus wants to know what the sol is happening. One moment he was a planet and the next he was an earthling. He was just in his orbit.

“Venus, maybe you should calm down—”

“SHUT IT PIPSQUEAK! I AM STUCK ON EARTH, WITH YOU IDIOTS!!” Venus supposes that it was a harsh reaction, but a fair one, all things considered. He really doesn’t want to be here

“Hey we’re all stuck here together! Chill out!” Mars tried to reason with the other celestial bodies turned human, “We need to focus on trying to, I don’t know, survive?” He stressed the last word, he knows the most about being human after all, but he is still rather clueless. Earth wasn’t one to talk about the day to day life of his earthlings, he’d rather focus on the new developments and other major achievements they’ve made.

The Sun was strangely quiet as he observed the three planets' argument. “We need to find a way to learn about the day to day lives of humans,” he stated simply, “Or we should see if any other planets are here now. We need to stay together. For now we only have each other.”

“Sun?” Mercury asked gently, “Is everything alright?” Mercury may find the Sun to be a bit clingy and annoying, he still was a good friend of his. This strange attitude was very disconcerting.

“Everythings fine, don’t worry Mercury!”

“What—” the smallest planet started before—

“VENUS! MARS! COME ON!!” The sun roared at his planets; he doesn't want anything to happen to them. Don’t they know that? Why do they think he is — was(?) — so strict on them about staying in their orbits?

“Right!” Mars said, grabbing Venus and dragging him over to Sun and Mercury, “We should try to find a library!”

“Wha—” Started Venus momentarily startled before he realized what was happening, “HEY! STOP DRAGGING ME!”

“THEN HURRY UP!”

--------------------------------------------------------------

“This doesn’t make any sense—” The massive celestial body known as Jupiter was currently ranting about their current situation for the eighth time, “How are we human?! This shouldn’t be possible! What—”

“Jupiter, maybe you should calm down,” Saturn started from where he was sitting, “We need you to be level headed. You’re the smartest one of us, I’m sure we’ll figure this out eventually, but right now we need you.”

“Right. Sorry.”

“It’s okay, mate,” Uranus said from beside Saturn, “This situation is stressful for us all.”

“Hehehe… I feel funny!”

“Well, almost all of us,” Corrected Saturn, who was currently looking at Neptune with slight worry, “Is… Is he always like this?”

“Yeah,” Uranus begrudgingly admitted, “He’s kind of isolated in his orbit, y’know?”

“Right..” the famously ringed planet nodded, “SO! What should we do, Jupiter?”

“Well.. First we should probably figure out where we are, then we should—”