Chapter 5: Fight for Freedom

I finally finished it!!! I feel so proud of myself for seeing this through to the end! I sorry I took so long again, I just finished my term at school and finally was able to sit down and write. One things for sure finals are absolutely brutal. Thank you all for coming on this journey with me. Also Keanu Reeves is Shadow for the Movie!!! WE WIN THESE!!! :)

______________________________________________________________

The room was filled with a quiet tension, everyone was around the room but no one spoke. However, they all felt the same, with G.U.N. on their way to get Shadow, they wouldn't help but wonder what would happen to the small family.

Abbs: Ok, I can see that you all want to continue so get back to your seats and we'll start, next break will just be a 10 minute break since they go together.

Everyone did as they were told and looked at the screen as it started up again.

Shadow and Maria are back in the observatory room looking at earth.

Shadow: Doesn't it look closer than it use too?

Maria: I think so too. Soon this place will be nothing but a memory of where I used to live.

Maria turns and Smiles at Shadow.

Maria: And where I met my hero.

Amy: Well it looks like everything is ok so far.

Eggman: Well now you've just jinxed it. You never celebrate before that's asking the world to prove you wrong.

Sonic: Says the guy who keeps losing, I bet things will be just fine and Shadow is just grumpy since he's not with G.U.N. anymore.

Shadow: The place I was born... And where I got my purpose.

Sirens: "Warning! We have a security breach at Space Colony ARK. Warning! We have a security breach at Space Colony ARK.

Eggman: See what I mean, you never celebrate early.

Amy: Shut up, Eggman, now is not the time! BE QUIET, or do you want me to hit you with my hammer!

Eggman: Y-yes ma'am.

Maria and Shadow back away from the window looking around.

Sirens: "Immediate evacuation is required, Immediate evacuation is required"

Gerald ran into the room out of breath, but he pushed through his exhaustion.

Gerald: I knew you two would be here.They're looking for you, Shadow.

Shadow immediately looked around in high alert to make sure they were safe.

Sticks: Looks like I was right, they're not going to keep their end of the deal.

Tails: Shadow's not going without a fight, especially since G.U.N. basically gave the soldiers permission to open fire if he didn't cooperate.

Gerald: Go to the ejection room at Corridor E-1. It was sealed off years ago, and it's the safest place for you now.

Maria reached toward her grandfather in worry.

Maria: Grandpa, what about you?

General gave a small smile

Gerald: Don't worry about me... I'll be okay.I just need to go to the lab to save some of the files...I'll catch up with you, now go go go!

Sticks: Forget the dumb research, he should be going with them.