000. Class of 2024

prologue, class of 2024!!

prologue,
class of 2024!!

In the tapestry of life, countless significant moments weave their own unique threads into the fabric of our existence. It all begins with the miracle of birth, marking the dawn of our journey.

Then comes the momentous occasion of taking our first steps, followed by the utterance of our first words. These events form an endless sequence, some etched into memory while others fade with the passage of time.

But at this precise moment, Ziggy Griffin was etching this memory into her mind, wanting to hold onto it, to linger in it, forever and ever.

As the graduation ceremony drew to a close, Ziggy found herself seated on the stage among her fellow teachers and staff of Wilmington High School, gazing out at a sea of blue gowns, each graduate clutching their diploma.

The warm breeze caressed her skin, and the sun cast its searching rays upon her. Ziggy held her diploma tightly, savoring every moment.

She took in the familiar faces in the crowd of graduates, the proud parents in the bleachers, and the cameras flashing all around.

Some parents were on the verge of tears, but when she spotted her own parents sitting side by side, she noticed only a small grin on their lips.

Perhaps seeing their second child graduate wasn't quite enough to bring tears to their eyes, but Ziggy had hoped for at least a single drop.

"Now, some final words from our valedictorian, Gizelle Griffin," the principal announced into the mic, and Ziggy's attention snapped back to the present.

Beside her, Mr. Lawrence nudged her, breaking her reverie. With a blush coloring her cheeks, Ziggy stood up and made her way to the podium.

A small smile played on her lips as she adjusted the mic to her height. She had given a speech just moments ago, but it didn't make this any easier.

Clearing her throat, Ziggy spoke into the mic, her eyes scanning the attentive audience before her.

"As we stand on the threshold of this new chapter," she began, reading each word carefully from her notes. Her eyes danced over the familiar lines, her fingers tracing the words as she spoke.

"So let's embrace the challenges, celebrate the victories, and never forget the friendships and memories that have shaped us," she continued, her voice catching with emotion.

The expectant gazes of the audience only intensified her nerves.

"Focus, Ziggy, focus," she reminded herself silently.

Drawing on the advice of her friend Fernanda, she conjured a mental image of the audience in their underwear, a tactic to ease her nerves.

It was a silly thought, but it worked, allowing her to regain her composure.