Part 4: After school

Rosalie's POV-

When Edward told me my mate was a human, I'd promised myself to stay away from her. The thought of dragging someone, my mate at that, into this life, is a thought I can't bare. That promise, however, has since gone out the window.

The second I laid eyes on my mate, Chloe, in the cafeteria, I knew I couldn't ignore her. It's in my nature to want her near me, I can't help it. She's beautiful. Hearing her defend Alice made me happy, she at least likes one of my family members so far, she seems to like Emmett too. That's good...

After dropping her off at her home, I watched her walk through the door, making sure she got in alright before driving off. I didn't stay away for long though. I drove home, parked my car and tried to distract myself by reading some of my car magazines. It didn't distract me for long though.

I knew my adopted siblings would be home soon, and although I love them, I couldn't bare the excitement Alice would have when she got back, nor the anger Edward would aim towards me for interacting with Chloe at all. So I left. I ran through the forest that surrounded Forks until I reached the Swan residence.

I didn't go inside, of course, that would be creepy, instead I sat in a tree along the outskirts of the forest, just, enjoying how close I was to my mates scent. I could see her, in her room in the attic. It looks cozy. I turn away, listening to the sounds coming from their house instead.

Chloe's sister, Bella, had arrived home 10 minutes ago. She didn't seem in too good of a mood, I didn't really care for her, until I heard Chloe ask her sister what was wrong. Chloe had such a nice voice....

Turns out, Bella was angry at Edward. He did something in biology or something like that, I'm not really sure, I was too focused on Chloe's words to hear anything Bella had to say.

I took the mention of Edward as a sign that it was time for me to go home. As much as I didn't want to leave, I couldn't risk getting seen, and I knew Alice would march over here and demand answers if I didn't get back soon. So, I left the tree I was hiding in, running home, getting there in seconds.

"ROSALIE" I hear Alice yell. "Tell us everything!" She demands, I roll my eyes before recounting my afternoon to my siblings and Esme, two of my family members were missing, Carlisle, who had a late shift at the hospital, and Edward, who I'd learnt had left for Denali to get his thirst under control. Bella was his blood-singer, apparently.