2.13

Hero's Day: Pt. 1

The alarm clock blared beside me as grumble underneath my sheets. It has been who knows how long since that thing was on, but I was too tired from fighting villains the night before to even care.

"Y/n? Sweetie? Are you up? Your alarm clock has been blaring for the past hour?" My mom gently knocks on the door and walks inside. She lightly shakes my exhausted form, but I only responded with a whine, "Five more minutes mom."

My mom sighed, "You're already two hours late for school, another  "five minutes" and it'd be lunch." She swipes the sheets and comforter away from me and I was met with a wave of cold air.

I curled up in response, "Can I just not go today? It's not like I'll be missing anything important, right?"

My mom sits on the bed, and looks at me, "No, today is our first Hero's Day! It's a day where we celebrate our heroes and do good deeds for others, or so I've heard." She then gently placed her hand on the top of my head and caressed my hair, "You don't want to start hero's day with ditching, do you?"

I sighed and sat up, "No, I guess not."

My mother smiled, "Good, now hurry and get dressed, I can drop you off at school before I have to work."

I nodded and waited for my mother to leave and close the door before I got changed. Flaame rose from her little bed, "Happy Hero's Day! Are you ready to be a hero today?" 

I look towards the Kwaami, "Why are you so chipper?"

Flaame shrugged, "I don't know, maybe it's just a good day, It's heroes day after all. They'll have pictures and floats just for you! And the ball tonight! Oh, it'd be so fun!"

I shrug, "I already get enough attention as it is. Besides what's the point of doing a good deed today if I literally do it everyday."

Flaame frowned, "Since when were you a party pooper."

"Since I stayed up till 4 in the morning fighting another villain. I'm just tired, give me some time and food, and I'll be good to go." I slip out of my room and down to the kitchen, "Speaking of food, let's whip up a waffle real quick."

After two waffles and a short car ride, I found myself at the entrance of my school. It was already bare since everyone was in class, but it didn't bother me much.

I walked in and found my way to Ms. Bustier's classroom and sneaked in as she was speaking. "Well, it isn't going to be easy living up to Lila's standards, but let's not forget we can all be heroes for this one day!"

I sat down by Alya and Marinette, who noticed my presence. "Morning, sleepyhead, nice of you to join us." Alya jokingly whispered. Marinette giggled as I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. What did I miss."

Marinette scoffed, "Only that liar Lila spewing more lies."

I widened my eyes, "Oh, someone doesn't like Lila... wait who's Lila?"

The two turned to me, "You don't know Lila? She's our classmate, barely here, but always makes and impression." Marinette grumbled as Alya picked it up, "You know her, brown hair, hazel-ish eyes."

I shake my head, "Don't think I know her. Didn't even know she was in this class.... oh wait. That new girl you were talking about a while back!" I say realizing who this Lila was, but still I couldn't put a face to the name. "You know, I don't think I've seen her before."

Alya laughed, "Maybe, you're absent the times she was here, your attendance record is not the best."

I chuckle, "It's not my fault I like to sleep in. Honestly, we should petition for school to start later, give everyone one that extra time to wake up in the mornings."