4. Uh Oh

*Here goes nothing* <knock knock>

    "Hello, oh Thor, what a pleasant surprise." Loki says, not sounding very excited.

    "Loki," I try saying the way Thor would, "I haven't seen you in like years."

    "It's been a day since I last say you," Loki replies, annoyed, "what do you need?"

    "I, uh," I try to think of someway to get him out of his room, "wanted to invite you to dinner tonight."

    "Thor, I've already declined, they'll..." Loki starts, but I cut him off. "Come on Loki, just this once." I plead.

    "Fine, just this once, and never again." Loki says, finally giving in. "Yes!" I say, pumping my fist in the air.

     "I hope to see you down there, Rosemarie." Loki says with a mischievous grin.

     "Uh oh." I say as colored washed from my face.

     "Don't hide under that Thor costume, Rose, I can sense it was you, plus, I heard your thoughts from across the hallway"

     "Are you still going to dinner, though?" I ask as I turn back into my normal self.

     "I'd be delighted." Loki says with a smile, but not a mischievous one like early this one seemed more genuine.

     "Yeah," I say, pumping my fist in the air again, "I'll see you later then."

    "Yes, see you later." He says as I turn around to go back to my room.

___________2 hours later___________

I was downstairs helping Nat make dinner when I noticed she set the wrong number of plates on the table.

    "You'll need one more, Loki's having dinner with us tonight." I say, grabbing it from the cupboard.

    "And how do you know this?" She asks suspiciously.

    "I talked to him earlier." I said rather calmly, but Nat looked terrified.

    "I told you not to talk to him." She says, looking me in the eyes. I just shrug at her and set the food on the table.

    "Jarvis, could you tell everyone it's dinner time?" I ask the AI.

"Of course, Ms. Rosemarie." Jarvis replies.

    "I'll see you in a little bit, Nat." I say after I set all the dishes.

    "You better not be going up there to get Loki." She yells to me as I head upstairs.

    I ignore her and continue up the stairs. As I reach our floor, I see Loki shutting his door and starting down the hallway.

    "Hi, Lokes." I say, walking over to him.

    "One, don't call me that. Two, what are you doing up here? You're supposed to be downstairs making dinner with Natasha." Loki says as we walk down the hallway.

    "I came up here to be your personal escort." I say with a posh English accent .

    "Oh, how lucky am I." He says sarcastically as we turn the corner heading downstairs.

    "If I were you, I'd consider myself very lucky." I say, tracing my finger on the wall.

    As we got downstairs, almost everyone was already seated.

    "What is-" Tony starts before I cut him off.

    "Loki is still a person, Anthony, so he's allowed to sit and eat with us." I say, annoyed as I lead Loki to his seat.

    The dinner was rather uneventful other than when Thor asked if Loki could pass him the salt. Loki did pass the salt to Thor, but he "accidentally" poured it all over Thor's food. So Thor had to get more without as much salt.

    "So, how was actually interacting with people?" I ask Loki before he can hide back in his room again.

    "It wasn't as torturous as I thought it'd be," Loki replies a hint of kindness in his voice, "Thank you for making me have dinner with you guys."

    "You're welcome, Lokes." I say, walking into my room and closing the door behind me.

    *He actually interacted with people. Yay* I think to myself as I flop onto my bed.

AN:
I don't really have anything to say for this chapter, but thanks for reading. ❤️