Chapter 3

Daou POV

Daou was waiting perched in his favorite window. He knew from the intel he gathered from the blonde boy earlier that the team made rounds and Offroad was assigned to this part of the house. He had also tried hard to get even a smidge of information of Offroad out of the kid but his questions were met with a stone wall face. Offroad wasn't an easy person to read to or get information on but Daou had a clue he would be following up on. Terry. He had watched the kid walk away from him earlier, calling a contact in his phone that he knew all too well. The fucking kid had spilled all the beans to Terry who had been his father's friend for years had Daou smiling to himself. Terry was a meddler. He liked to claim it was because he was bored and retired but even when he wasn't retired and worked full time he was just as much as a meddler then. Daou owed a debt of gratitude to Terry as he was the one who introduced his father and mother to each other. Terry however, would tell him exactly what he wanted to know.

Daou sat patiently in the window as the hours dragged on. He wasn't a patient man but he had no problem patiently waiting to get his way. It seemed like the whole night had passed before he had finally heard the footsteps coming down the hallway. He finally heard the click of the knob turning to open the door of the study he was in. Before he saw a familiar silhouette in the doorway, he heard the sigh as Offroad quietly shut the door behind him and made his way to the other side of the study checking the windows there.

"Can you not make it harder for me to do my job?" His voice called from the other side.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Daou said as he returned his focus to staring out the window. "This is my favorite place to be."

"Funny," The closeness of the voice startled Daou as he realized Offroad was now standing right in front of him.

"No seriously, look," Daou pointed out the window to the large pond that sat parallel to the window. "At night the moon reflects onto the water, and it is so still and calm, it's peaceful." Daou turned to smile at Offroad who was studying the pond. "When I was younger and couldn't sleep this is where I would come. There should still be a -"

"Blanket and a pillow in the bottom right cabinet." Offroad finished for him.

"Someone's been nosy," Daou chuckled.

"It's literally my job to be nosy." Offroad retorted. Daou could see him cross his arm over his chest. "Is the window locked?"

"Excuse me?"

"The window," Daou saw Offroad's arm extend and finger point to the lock in the window Daou was sitting in front of. "Is it locked?"

"Oh yeah, it doesn't unlock," Daou said, showing Offroad the lock was unmovable. "My mother was afraid that I would unlock it and fall out so she had it welded shut."

"Good to know, Good night Mr.Zheng," Offroad bowed and spun to make an exit not before Daou caught him by the arm and spun him back around causing Offroad to trip over his one foot, sending him crashing into Daous' hard chest. "What is wrong with you!" Offroad groaned as he began to lift himself back up.

Daou could finally make out Offroads' face in the moonlight, the face he had barely gotten to see that morning. 'God how is he so beautiful,' Daou thought to himself before he slammed his mouth onto the plump lips that felt better than he remembered. He quickly wrapped his arms around Offroad, pinning him to his chest so Offroad could not push him away. Daou placed his hand. On Offroads face using his thumb to push down on his chin to allow him access to slip his tongue into Offroad's mouth tasting him finally once again.

'God he tastes so good' Daou thought to himself as he deepened the kiss.

"Ouch!" Daou yelled as he felt a sharp pain on his lower lip before his mouth tasted of blood. He quickly let go of Offroad and put his fingers to his lips, when he pulled them away he could see the blood. "Did you fucking bite me?"