The Life Game

The Life Game:

This is the Life game. This is your choice. Why would we harm Mark. Mark has nothing to do with this. This is the life game. We know all. We see all. This is not the end. They have not died. This is not about family. This is about your decision. This is all about the past. You can not ignore it. Why would you bring back Mark. You have not betrayed him. This is the Life game. This is a choice. This is the choice of Life. Mark is un-important. Maybe not to you. But to this operation. This is the Life Game. We know all and see all. You can-not hide. You must choose. The meeting by the road was your last chance. You failed. You betrayed. Them all. This is the Life game. Expect the memories. Live with the memories. Do not fight them. Stop shouting. This is a peaceful place. That is for you never to find out. That is a Life game concern only. Mark's life is not worthy. Not because of his mental health. This is the Life game. We are a community. This is the Life game. We are a choice. This is the Life game. We are a chance. This is the Life game. We are your redemption. This is the Life game. We are a story. This is the Life game. We are your chance. This is the Life game. We are their chance. This is the Life game. We are not Mark's chance. This is the Life Game. This is the story of their death.

Matt:

I look down at the boy. My head is swirling. I'm here. Next to people. I feel the drugs racing through my veins. I can't be stopped. Not now. Not now I'm in my bubble. It's about to pop. I see him. His face so still. I rub his cheek. He's playing. I start to laugh. Arms of the girls pull me up. I let them do so. I smile as he opens his eyes. He connects with me instantly. Stares with his perfect blue eyes. I instantly see into him. See inside. His past, present and future. Suddenly the bubble pops. I fall back. Sweat pours down my face…

I sit up suddenly. I expect to be back on my mattress. Instead people look down at me. I push past them. Pull out my syringe. I'm alone. In the real world. I'm alone here. My breathing increases. I feel their eyes on my back. My hands are shaking. I press it to my skin. I feel the high race towards me. I turn around. Sweat pours down my face. All the people start to fade. Only the boy remains in focus. Mark. I heard them call his name. I walk to him slowly. My legs are shaking. Everything else is white. Its only me and him. He's staring up at the sky. So happy. On a constant high. I crave it so much. I start to hit him. I feel arms pulling me off him. I keep trying to lash out. Why does he have the only thing I want in life. He looks up at me with those eyes. I don't see him anymore. I just see a target. One which is everything unfair in the world. The combined weight of the three pull me back. I'm shaking. He crawls to the wall. He has his hands over his eyes. He's rocking back and forth. Muttering. He keeps looking over at me. The girl runs to him. Sees his face. His perfect fucking face. She turns to face me. Starts to hit me. I don't feel. I'm in my high. I'm alive. I have to go through crap to be happy. He's just so ignorant, contempt. I'm shaking all over. Why is it always them and not me. Fucking Mark. His thin face, black messy hair. Everything I ever wanted. I notice I'm bleeding seconds later. I'm lying on my back in the mud. The other two are dragging the girl of me. Mark is banging his head on the wall. Muttering for her to stop. I'm staring up at the sky. The emotionless grey sky. No one comes to help and pick me up. I'm always alone. Always.

Cara:

I pull Alex off. Angry tears are falling from her eyes. I stand in shock. In the sudden silence we all hear Mark. He's muttering under his breath. Shaking his head at Alex. I walk over to him. He has his baggy turtleneck collar around his face. He tugs on a single strand of hair and sucks it. He's watching Alex with intent eyes. I help him to his feet. He's still muttering. Shaking. I'm dazed. How it all happened so suddenly. He ruffles his hair slowly. Concentrates on the single strand of hair. Me, Alex and the bar women walk down the road. I turn my head slowly. I see the boy on the floor. His eyes are open. But he lays completely still. He's staring at the sky. His face pale and white. I shiver. Mark is in a state. He won't let Alex hug him. Muttering. His eyes are flashing around the pavement floor. He has his hands curled in the sleeves of his jumper. I feel the women's eyes on my back, watching me look at Mark. I look away quickly. My cheeks burn.

"I'm sorry, I hope I didn't intrude myself, I'm Lucy. I know your names, you were at the bar." She says smiling. I turn to face her. Her eyes are smiling too. I look away. I shake my head slowly.

"I need to go. I'm sorry… nice to see you again Mark… you too Lucy." I say slowly. I turn on my heels. My whole head flushing with heat. Lucy nods. She too walks to her car. Steps in and starts the engine. I close my eyes gently. Mark pulls away from Alex and walks ahead, following the edge of the grass. I smile sadly. I nod at Alex. My hate raging in my neck as I fall prey to her. She try's to smile at me. I look away with my eyes stinging. I turn on my heels. I walk down the road. The boy is gone. Disappeared. I shiver. I turn my head slowly. I look down the ally. I see him slumped on his mattress. He's lying down. Crying. Sad tears pouring over his eyes and down his face. I walk quickly down the road. I need air. To breathe and think. I get off the polluted road. I walk down the pavement to the park. I small wood nestles deep within it. Beer cans are spread out on the floor near the front, but further inside… It's peace. The only peace you can find. I walk into the woods. Sit by a massive tree. I close my eyes slowly. For what feels like hours I sit there. Suddenly I hear footsteps. My eyes flick open quickly. I see Mark walking down the path. Still chewing that same strand of hair. I walk up to him slowly. "Mark! Hey Mark" I yell at him. His head raises and he smiles at me. "How are you?" I ask softly. He starts to fiddle with his hair.

"You know… I… I'm not stupid." I nod slowly. I feel false hope under my grin. "No really." He sighs. His voice stuttering. "I just think everything is so beautiful. So perfect. Just look" He suddenly grabs my chin and gently forces my head up. "Look at the trees. How do they do that. Loose leaves and outline the sky perfectly." I look at him. His head is gazing upwards. I flick my head up. I see what he means. It's just perfect. Suddenly he lowers my chin. Looks at me with his eyes. He frowns slowly. "Why did he hit me?" I shake my head in answer. "Why did Alex hit him? She just didn't stop." Suddenly he brakes down and shakes his head. He starts shouting back down the path he took. Shouting at Alex. He's shaking his head constantly. Having one of his fits. I try to hug him tight, to make his stop. He starts to hit me off. He's braking down. No tears fall down his cheeks. Just worry and expression on his face. He pushes me off and runs down the path.

Lucy:

I sit in my car. I feel the engine vibrating. I sit stunned. Everything. Just everything. All my past perceptions were changing. I watch as the boy Mark shouts at his sister. He runs down the street. Alex breaks down. She cries on the pavement. I'm tempted to comfort her, but I check the time. I was late for work… really late. Suddenly my head starts to waver. I feel the lack of food and sleep rush to my head. I fall onto my steering wheel….

I'm standing in a huge room. Alex stands in the middle. She seems alone but questions and comments are fired at her. She looks panicked. Nodding at the commands. I feel my legs lead me to an open room. Mark sits there. Speaking into a microphone. Only his hair is less wild. He wears a red coat. His eyes are no-longer full of understanding and confusion. Only hate. Hate for Alex. He looks up and sees me. Fear runs in his features. He presses a button to the side of the microphone. Red lights spin silently. I look through the one-way glass in front of him. I see Alex collapse. She lies un-conscious on the floor. I run out of his office. The glass and door disappears. I feel people drag me to a room…

I wake with a start. I rub my head slowly. I look at the clock and jump. One hour. One hour late for work. I step on the accelerator. I push down the road. Confusion runs in my head. I shake it slowly and focus on the road. I can't fall asleep again now I'm driving. I just can't get the images of Mark from my head. I then notice him leaving the park. Pain written on his face. I shiver slowly.