The Life Game

The Life Game:

Do you understand. A bit more. This is the Life Game. The choice of life and death. Who is the most deserving. But don't forget who has the most to live for. In years and… well you decide. You betrayed all these people. Hurt them. You have a chance. This is the Life Game. Do not be confused it is simple. You choose. You decide. You bring life. To which person. Decide. Learn. This is the Life Game. This is the story of their death.

Matt:

I look around the corner. She runs inside. My head swirls. My hands are clammy. I walk away from the mattress. Why do they always target us. Just because we're weak, alone. Where no one can see us. Blood stains my hands. I feel dizzy and slide down a wall. I sit in the next ally. Tears stain my face. But I'm in my bubble. I'm safe. I hug my shoulders tightly. I don't have anymore. I place my head in my hands. I need it. Its my life. Now and forever. Forever… I feel my eyelids droop. I force them open. I drag my torn jumper around my arms. The world swings. The clouds let the light through. It burns my eyes. The day sneaks over the horizon. I'm in my bubble. I blink slowly. I start to see the world as it is. An empty road. Rubbish and ruined furniture. This is why I go to him. Because this is real life. I can't live in the real world. It's just to horrible. Too true. Tears sneak into the corners of my eyes. I wipe them away. My body is shaking and in shock. It craves the highs. Always rejects the  lows. I brush the cold sweat from my forehead. I pull the small crumpled paper from my trouser pocket. I look down at the address. I shiver at the thought of him. I need it.

I walk down the road. People cross the road to avoid me. I hug my shoulders protectively. I see a girl standing by the street corner. She wears a tight skirt and top. I look away. She must wear a similar face to me. Rain starts to fall from the grey clouds. I feel it on my cheeks. I look up. They seem to circle me. I feel tears slide down my face. Nothing is protecting me. I'm alone. I always am. I shake. I feel my arm limp by my side. I see his house. I flinch at the memories, the present… the future. I walk up slowly to his house. Press the bell. He opens it. Smiles at me with rotting teeth. I hug myself tighter…

I sit on my mattress. The syringe lying next to me. I'm in my bubble. He's not here anymore. Not going to hurt me again. I feel a cold sweat building on my forehead. The world swings. My hands shake un-controllably. I gulp in air. I break down. I curl on the mattress. I cry. I think of my life, the one before. I dream of it. I sink into my high. I'm back in my warm bed. I'm safe. Everyone is happy. No-one is sad or alone. No one hurts anyone. Asks for anything. Because we already have it. I don't need the syringe. Not here. But then I open my eyes. It's lying next to me.

Cara:

I burst through the door. Tears stain my cheeks and I dive for my mum. I hug her tightly. My whole body is shaking. She holds me tightly. I feel her looking at dad. They both shake their heads…. I'm sitting on my bed. I sip at a mug of coffee. I breathe deeply. I still see the boy's eyes, so full of anger and hatred. I shiver and pull the blanket tighter around me. A small bleep comes from my mobile. I pick it up slowly. I look down. It's Jamie, asking where I am. I throw my phone across the room. I so badly want to slap his face. I pull myself up my bed and rest against the wall. I look around at the pictures of me and him. I burst and stand up quickly. I rip them off the walls and throw them on the floor. I scream. I then loose all my energy. I sink to the ground and start to hysterically cry. My mum runs in and looks around at my ruined room. She bends down to hug me. My breath stinks of alcohol.

That night I dream. Of the man. Falling… falling. The boy. His hands covered with blood. The pipe…. I suddenly sit forward in my bed. Sun light pours through the curtains. Tears fall down my cheeks. I hug myself tightly. I look around my room quickly, expecting him to be here. I jump when a small tapping sounds at my window. I back away down the bed. Suddenly my phone bleeps. I look down. Jamie. I feel anger flush through me. I grab a picture with us framed inside it. I open the window and chuck it out into the mud. I hope it hit him, no I don't. I just hope he gets the point. I pick up my phone and dial Alex. She doesn't answer. I swear loudly. I open my bedroom door. Slowly walk downstairs. My head pounds slowly. I need some water. I push the tap on. Reach down and scoop some up with my intertwined fingers. Pour it down my face. I shiver in the sudden burst of cold. But the block in my mind starts to clear and I think more sensibly. I need sleep, and water. I take a step but  slip on a puddle. I fall backwards. My head slams into the table….

Everything is swirling. I'm the boy. There's a man ahead of me… I'm the barmaid, I'm being hit by a man. It hurts. I'm Alex… she's deciding… who to pick?....

I suddenly wake up. I look around the kitchen and rub my head. 

Lucy:

I drive home in my car. Lights flash past me. My eyelids droop. The sun starts to sneak over the horizon. I breathe deeply and sip from my coffee. I feel my head become heavy and I shake it quickly. I just want to collapse and sleep. Suddenly I see the boy. I sit forward and watch him walk up to a house. I man comes out. I shiver. They soon go out of sight. I sit back and frown. I go back to watching the trees shoot past my window, the lines on the road join and become one. Suddenly I see a girl ahead. Alex was it? I shake my head in answer to my own question. I squint. She's stopped in the middle of the road. I scream. Pull the steering wheel round. Press down on the break. When the car stops a breathe deeply. I start to laugh. Crap. I suddenly remember why I did that and rush from my car. She isn't there. Suddenly fear rushes over me and I check under the car. Not there. I shake my head and slam my palm to my forehead. I must be really tiered.

I get home. I drag my feet into the living room. I fall onto the sofa. I hear footsteps and I look up with bleary eyes. My husband stands over me. I sit up quickly. He points out of the window. I look round and see the car with a massive dent. I open my mouth to speak. But no words come out. They’re interrupted by his hand lashing out and hitting me in the face. I fall back. Blood drips from my mouth. I slowly lift my hand to wipe it away. Tears are falling down my cheeks. He's left the room. I sit in a daze. I stroke my cheek. I hug my shoulders tightly. I sit back slowly. Blood drips onto my shirt. Tears mingle in my eyes. I drag my legs up. Lay down on the sofa slowly. I place my hands under my head.