Chapter 2

Two weeks later

Today was the day Kane had been dreading. The new therapist was coming,she was to be arriving at 10 am, I was hoping she was late, so I could fire her. Just my luck she was right on time. When I opened the door, there stood a woman about 5 '2, wearing tan pants that looked about 2 sizes too big. Paired with a navy blue collared shirt ,with sewn letters that said Lincoln home therapy service. Her hair was slicked down in a tight low bun,while Kane analyzed her looks she was smiling ear to ear holding her hand out for a handshake . " Hi, Mr Davis I'm Hope your new therapist .First things first let me help you back to the couch. We don't want you putting any weight on that leg". She helped me sit down and elevated my leg.

"There I know that's much better. So is there anything I can start doing for you?

I very much wanted to tell her happy go lucky ass to just leave, so I gave her a laundry list chores that would make anyone want to quit. All while he stopped her in the middle of her tasks every 5 mins to do petty things for me.

"Ayo! What's your name again?! Heavenly or whatever, can you get me some water and after that imma need you to go get me some subway I will text you my order." Surely he thought his antics were getting under her skin but her response to everything was yes sir, and did everything with a big smile.

After she got my lunch I caught her on her phone in the kitchen. finally something I can report her for and get her out of my house. " if you're going to be working for me,you definitely can't be on your phone".She just looked at me with a big smile and nodded her head " no worries Mr.Davis I was just clocking out,I'm leaving for the evening. All the chores are done,the dogs have been walked and fed . See you tomorrow." Once Hope left I looked around my house and noticed everything was spotless but he still didn't want her around.

she didn't run off easily, Hope was still here even after me giving her hell for 2 months. I have 4 days before my surgery, and Hope was helping my house keepers prepare for my after care needs. Something was a bit off with Hope, wasn't as happy as usual. I thought, finally I'm breaking her down and my mom would have no choice but to come back this close to my surgery.

The doorbell rang and Hope was bring in groceries to the house. I decided I was going to sit in the kitchen while she put everything away. If there was one thing I didn't want I was going to give hell for it. She needed to hate me by the end of the day. I sat the barstool while throwing a ball to my dog Rabbit.

"Wow you sure did buy a lot of fruit.I guess you're putting me on a vegan diet,I wish you would have told me you were getting pineapples. I hate them." Hope just nodded her head. " I understand sir but pineapple is imperative to the healing process after surgery. Once you're off bed rest from your surgery we start physical therapy and I want your body to be prepared.

"Whatever."
Hope clenched her jaw as she turned to put up the rest of the groceries.once she was done she put the plastic bags in the wrong trash ,and I wasn't shy about telling her about the mistake. "Wow! You have been working for me for 2months now, and you still don't know the plastic bags go in the recycling. Come on!" Hope's face turned red and she broke out into tears. " Look Mr.Davis I know you don't want me around for whatever reason. Just because you're rich and famous doesn't mean I don't have feelings. I just can't take it anymore. I thought I could stick it out but no. I have gone through enough, last night my apartment building caught fire and I lost everything. I would rather live on the street than work for you." Hope stormed out and Kane insistently felt like an asshole. He had no idea she was dealing with so much. The next day Hope didn't show up, the home health agency sent a replacement for Hope . I hated her,her food was horrible and she let Rabbit poop on the floor. I begged for the agency to get Hope back but they said she already had a new client. I thought I was feeling low before but now I feel even worse.

It was the morning of my surgery,I had a car take me to the hospital. I was taken to a pre-op room where I met a few of my doctors. As I sat in the bed waiting, I heard a familiar happy go lucky voice come into my room.

"So I hear you were looking for me. The agency was non stop calling me,per your request to have me continue working for you. " Kane was barely listening to a word Hope was saying.he was just happy she was there.

"Look, I'm sorry for how I treated you. I'm just scared, my whole career is on the line right now. It's no excuse for my actions. I'm sorry". Hope nodded her head, "I totally get it, but I'm the best at my job.I've helped plenty of athletes after being injured. It wouldn't be easy but I can get you back on the field. first let's just focus on getting you through this surgery".

The surgery took about 2 hours. The doctors advised Hope and my brother Allen that everything went great. Now for the next 4 weeks I was on bed rest, before we could start physical therapy.

"Ahhh! That hurts".

Kane was being such a baby after surgery. " Mr. Davis I barely touched you, you have to keep your leg elevated. Just rest while I get your lunch."

As I was making lunch a knock was at the door. My eyes could barely believe what I was seeing. The rapper Dolla was at the door. He is the world's best- selling music artist, with over 170 million records sold, and won 5 Grammy's. I have worked with so many celebrities but this was the first time I've been star struck before. " hi.... how-w may I help you?" The tall man chuckled as I tried to play it cool. " yea I'm here to see Kane." I nodded my head quickly, grabbing the lunch tray and leading Dolla upstairs. As I walked in the dean, before I could announce that Dolla was here, he brushed past me. " what's good my nigga? I see you getting fat." Dolla said to Kane as I put the tray of food in front of him. " ok Mr. Davis I'm going to walk Rabbit, then clock out for the night. Is there anything else I can get for you?" He shook his head no and waved me off.
~
When Hope walked out the room Dolla said " she's bad as hell I know you hittin that." Kane scrunched up his brow as he took a bit of his pasta. " hell no! She is not my type." Dolla laughed " man you can only see what she looks like in those work clothes, but I can tell she's fine as hell. You should invite her to my birthday. I bet you 500 she looks good outside that uniform." They both laughed and shook on it.