Chapter 1

" Hey sports fans! Welcome back to my YouTube channel. Today we're talking about Kane Jackson Davis. Star football player for the Pythons,Has sustained a no contact injury to the knee in Friday night's game. It seems that Davis was mid catch; when he landed on his left foot and placed all his weight on his knee. Where he has suffered an ACL tear in the past. Sad to say since this is his second ACL tear he will be off the field for nine months.Personally I'm glad to be getting a break from those tik tok dances when he makes a touchdown and Now we can focus on the game."

"Fuck !,"Kane yelled as he threw his iPad across the couch after watching the YouTube video . A voice shouted back at him from the kitchen "boy you Better watch your language, and I know you are not watching one of those videos again". With his face scrunched up,all he could feel was rage."Ma, you don't understand,they're making me look bad. This is not good for my career". Kane's mother took a deep breath as she dried her hands on a dish towel. Walked over to the couch and sat next to her moping son. "Baby listen to me. You have worked hard to get here, now it's time to work even harder to stay here. Everyone is going to be a critic, but the only thing that matters is that you know you put your all into the game". Kane knew his mom was right but he was scared to fail. Just like when he was a little boy,he laid in his mama's lap for comfort. As she rubbed her hands through her son's curls, she said "baby,I know being injured is hard for you right now but I have to go back to Louisiana, your grandparents need my help. you know your father can't cook to save his life. Gigi threw a whole plate of food at him yesterday. So I got you a home therapist. She will cook,clean and help with rehab after your surgery. I hear she is the best in sports medicine." Nothing but silence filled the room,Kane sat up putting his head in his hands, "mama please! I can't do this without you. I hate strangers in my house ".

his life was spiraling but the reality of the situation was this mom was leaving and he was more scared then ever.