Nightmare Assassins - Detailed Feedback

Intro:

Nightmare Assassins was written by kth_disneyfanatic. It won first place in the Fairy Night Awards, best cover category. This review is going to be for the cover, not the book. To anyone reading this, please note that this will not be formatted like normal detailed reviews because it is a review of a cover.

~~~

Detailed Feedback: The cover for Nightmare Assassins caught my eye when I first went to judge it due to the sparkles in the middle and top of the screen followed by the matching font color and crown that makes it stand out. Considering this story is titled Nightmare Assassins, I would expect bloody imagery, but I like the decision to keep it elegant. It's like juxtaposition. However, as much as the color scheme is nice, my favorite part is the text placement, font, and how the title fits into the cover.

The "Nightmare Assassins" feels like it was made for this cover and it fits in perfectly in the gap between the crown and the top sparkles. The length of the title works well for what you did here with the cover, and the curves on the s letters are also very visually satisfying/appealing. I really love how the title feels like it was chosen specifically for this because it makes for a more satisfying visual experience.

Speaking of the text, the author's name is long, but despite the length, it doesn't feel distracting or like it's trying to take attention away from the title or subtext. It's not over-the-top by any means and it appears perfectly center-aligned, so no criticisms for the author's name either.

I just mentioned the subtext, and I think it's important to say I like it and I think it does a good job informing the readers what the story is going to be about without being too spoiler-y or long. It's only three short lines and it isn't distracting or hard to read. Even from far away, I can clearly tell what it says. Speaking of, the cover is very clear and does not have any blurriness, which is impressive considering Wattpad always automatically makes covers more blurry than they're supposed to be.

When I first reviewed this for the FN Awards, I did not have any criticisms, and I still don't. I think the cover is overall very solid and does an effective job drawing readers in. Overall, good job with this cover.

~~~

Summary:

- Color scheme is good

- Sparkles stand out

- The placement of the title + the font

- The title feels like it's made for the cover

- The text doesn't feel too big or too small

- Good subtext

~~~

Overall:

Nightmare Assassins features an engaging cover that will catch your eye the moment you see it due to its balanced color scheme and title that fits in like a glove with the rest of the canvas. Along with that, the sparkles add another layer of flair to give the cover personality. All in all, it's a good cover that works for the story.

~~~

Thank you for submitting to the Fairy Night Awards, and congratulations on winning first place. After reading this review, I hope others go and read your story, and I hope you guys like this cover.