Episode 1: Siren's Tale (2/2)

[Planet's Surface]

"We found something Captain. It looks like a portal of some kind.", Ray said into his comm.

He didn't get an answer.

"Captain?", he asked.

Nothing.

"Commander Pollard to Siren. Come in.", he tried again. 

"We lost contact with the Siren Commander.", T'Mai told Ray. 

Ray sighed. 

"Well, let's see if this portal has anything to do with it.", he said and T'Mai nodded in agreement.

-

„Captains log, Star date 47589.7. The planet where we were only supposed to pick up the rest of the crew, turns out to be a wasteland. Or so we thought. After I sent a landing party down to investigate, it shifted and is now full of life. We can't reach the landing party at the moment, but we are currently trying everything in our power to change that."

[USS Siren]

"Scanners confirm. That's the Azura colony down there.", Cameron stated.

"So we found the colony but now three officers of the crew are missing?", Jeanne asked.

"Yes.", Cameron said.

Jeanne sighed and paced back and forth.
"Suggestions?", she asked.

"Send another landing party.", Cameron suggested.

"There's federation staff with the colonists right? Why don't we hail them?", Asral asked.

"Make it so Ensign Moog.", Jeanne replied.

Before Asral could do something on her console, she noticed that they were already being hailed.

"We're being hailed Captain.", she said.

"On screen.", Jeanne said.

Chief medical officer, Commander Ikas Ch'ozharhir, appeared on the viewscreen.

"This is Captain March of the USS Siren.", Jeanne introduced herself.

"I'm chief medical officer Ikas. We didn't expect you this early Captain.", Ikas replied.

"We're exactly on time.", Jeanne stated confused.

„But we've only been here a week or so.", Ikas stated.

„You and your team have been stationed here for two months.", Jeanne told him.

[Planet's surface]

Itisian and T'Mai had been arguing about the portal for what seemed to be hours. Ray had enough of it.

„You said you're picking up lifesigns from the other side?", he asked T'Mai.

„Exactly.", she answered.

„But we have no reassurance that it's safe to cross.", Itisian chimed in.

Ray picked up a rock from the ground and threw it through the portal.

„It's safe.", he said.

„For the rock.", Itisian remarked.

-

"We found something Captain. It looks like a portal of some kind.", Ray said into his comm.

He didn't get an answer.

"Captain?", he asked.

Nothing.

"Commander Pollard to Siren. Come in.", he tried again.