Chapter 69: Return

"Nooo!!!!!!"
___

Hannah screamed at the top of her lungs, her eyes widened as she saw the burning fire advancing towards her. It grew with every passing second, driving her insanely crazy.

She struggled to escape but couldn't. Her scream was loud and clear as Diego stood with a blank look.

Hannah felt the intense heat searing her skin, causing intense pain, and she couldn't breathe well due to the lack of oxygen. Her head spun with fear.

"Help!!!! Please!!! Ahhhhh!!!!"

Diego's eyes closed as he smiled. "Melody," he muttered at the sound of her scream.

Soon, Diego heard the sound he wanted to hear: sirens. The firefighters were here. Casting one last look at the woman surrounded by fire, he turned back and left the room, exiting through the back of the building.

As the firefighters stormed in with Vincent, their eyes widened at the scene.

"Hannah!" Vincent screamed in terror. Who in the world would torture someone like this?

The firefighters began to put out the intense fire, hoping the woman might survive.

Hannah's breathing was erratic, her skin wounded all over as she slowly lost consciousness. The ambulance also arrived, and her body was placed on the stretcher, an oxygen mask on her face.

Vincent swept his hair backwards, frustrated. This is Diego's doing, isn't it? Why? Why does he have to go to such extremes?

"Fuck!!" He screamed, pulling his hair insanely. At the same time, he wondered who had called and informed them that his wife was going to be in this situation.

Was it still Diego? Did he only traumatize Hannah?
____

(HOSPITAL)

A car abruptly halted before the large building. Einstein jumped out of the car in haste and ran into the hospital. He asked one of the nurses where Jameson's ward was and headed there.

Upon arriving, his eyes filled with guilt and relief simultaneously. He had rushed his way back to the country when he heard the news.

He took slow steps towards Jameson and sighed. "I almost lost my senses."

The door suddenly opened, and Diego stepped in. Einstein's eyes widened as the man's face contorted with anger. He took a step backward.

"Hey, Diego," he greeted awkwardly as Diego began to step towards him.

"Okay, before you kill me, this is not my fault. Jameson didn't want anyone to know..."

"He almost died, Einstein. Why the hell did you keep that away?" Diego asked.

"He wanted to fulfill his promise by fighting by your side, and he was doing well. You would have pushed him away if you had found out... I had warned him to tell you, but he never listened..."

Diego took three sudden steps to catch Einstein, but he was fast enough to dodge.

"Allow me to finish," Einstein stretched forth his hand on the other side of the ward, staying alert. "Fine, I'm sorry I didn't tell you..."

"Stop talking and let me kill you... once Jameson wakes up, I'll kill him too," Diego said, running after him again.

"C'mon, Diego, we can't be doing this right now," Einstein said, but then felt Diego grab him from behind. Turning him around, Diego held Einstein's collar close.

The door opened, and Candy and Jackie saw the scene.

"Einstein," Candy called, and both men looked at her.