Chapter 6 | Left on the side

~📍 Mandy's room ~
::10:05PM;

The day was coming to an end, but Mandy was stressed about something. The dance was in 4 days, but she didn't have an outfit planned out!

With a bag of candy next to her and surrounded by all kinds of plushies, she layed down in her bed scrolling through all kinds of stores to find a dress that would look nice.

She checked in with her friends and most of them are getting elegant dresses that don't stand out too much, what you'd wear at the club for example. Whatever dress she found didn't fit either her taste or the way everyone else would dress. She took one of the candies and her phone started ringing,

She was gonna hang up but it was Emz, she had to answer! When she accepted the call she could see Emz styling her hair on the other side of the phone, Mandy just stared at the screen wondering if Emz called on accident

"Oh you answered! Girl I found the PERFECT dress for you, I saw it while shopping with Lola today and we just thought of ya."
Emz was always so helpful! Mandy smiled with a child-like excitement

"Do you have a photo?"
but before she knew it, she got a message with a link. She went to open it and she indeed saw a surprisingly beautiful dress,
"Oh my god.."

"Isn't it pretty? A bit simple but you can just accesso—"

"I LOVE IT. I'm gonna order it.."
And so she did. The dress was an emerald green colour, it was a bodycon model and its length went just above the knees, with one side longer than the other.
"What're you gonna wear?"

"Nothing much, I'll show you my dress later. I'm glad you liked my choice tho!"
Emz stopped the hair curler and placed it down, picking the phone up instead,
"Talk to you later, kiss kiss byee!"
She did a kissy face at the camera before hanging up

Mandy could understand why Emz was so popular, she was a girls girl and a great friend! After confirming her order she went to the closet to search for matching shoes and accessories.

For the rest of the night, the only notifications she's gotten were Chesters stupid memes.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Day after day passed until it was finally Friday night. They got the day off from school so everyone could get ready, the girls had a hangout at Lola's place dedicated to getting ready together, they all looked pretty!

"Shit, it's snowing outside.."
Charlie looked out the window, it's not like they were prepared for snow? Thankfully it was an in-doors party.

Two hours later and the party already started. At first the girls stuck in a group together, it lasted for a while until the music changed to more dancey love songs, thats when the valentines came in and asked them out one after one, until only Mandy was left on the side.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

It was loud and crowded, happening in the schools huge gym. All kinds of decorations were hung up, snack and drink tables, dj area and a dance floor of course.

The lights were off and only colourful lasers and accent lights lit the room up in a purple-ish shade. Mandy stood on the side as she waited for her friends to come back, they were all dancing except for Collette who stood with her now boyfriend that refused to dance.

With her arms crossed and a bitter face she seemed pretty intimidating, truly she was just jealous of all the love going around this gyms walls. Speaking of which, she hasn't even seen Chester today, how odd!

Minutes after minutes and no one was coming back, Mandy just sighed and decided to go outside. It's not like she was noticed! Or atleast she thought so.