Chapter 20: Stir

Returning from Japan filled Sei with a mix of emotions. As he stepped off the plane and onto Korean soil, he couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia for the time he spent filming in his hometown. Stepping out of Incheon Airport, a security guard directed him to a separate van he would be taking back to his dorm.

Swarms of fans surrounded them, some calling out for Suzy and the different actresses and actors they were with, as well as Sei. Sei absentmindedly waved at them, the talk from Bachira still swirling in his mind.

Once back at the dormitory, Sei wasted no time in unpacking his belongings. He carefully sorted through the souvenirs he had bought for his friends and colleagues, making sure to set aside special gifts for IVE, ITZY, and TWICE.

With a sense of satisfaction, Sei packaged up the souvenirs and prepared to send them off to their respective recipients. He knew how much his friends would appreciate the gesture, and he couldn't wait to see their reactions when they received their gifts, even if it did hurt his wallet a little bit.

As he finished addressing the packages, Sei felt a pang of homesickness wash over him. He missed the camaraderie of filming with his fellow actors and the excitement of exploring new places. But he knew that he had to focus on his idol activities now that filming was over.

Heading out of his room, Sei made his way to the living room where Jaehyun, Wei, and Minho were lounging, engrossed in a game of Mario Kart.

"Hey guys, I'm back!" Sei announced, his voice tinged with excitement.

Jaehyun looked up from the game, a grin spreading across his face. "Sei-ah! Welcome back, man. How was Japan?"

Sei launched into a detailed retelling of his adventures in Japan, regaling his friends with stories of filming on location and exploring the sights and sounds of Tennojiku. Jaehyun, Wei, and Minho listened intently, laughing at Sei's antics and marveling at the experiences he had.

As Sei finished recounting his tales, Minho approached him and clapped his back, a wide smile evident on his face. "That's awesome, Sei! And you may have not caught on the news, but here look!"

Pulling out his phone, he handed it to Sei after tapping on a screenshot he had taken the previous days.

"MOVIE STAR, DIVINITY'S LATEST TITLE TRACK, HAS REACHED TOP 1 IN THE BILLBOARD CHARTS!"

Newly formed KPOP Group, Divinity, shakes up the world with their title track, Movie Star, part of their latest album, Film, as they reach TOP 1 in the Billboard Charts!

Sei's eyes stared deeply at the screen, clutching the phone in his hands, a familiar feeling swirling with him, the look in his eyes had changed. "T-Top 1...?"

Jaehyun nodded, a proud smile on his face. "Yep, other than winning multiple awards ar Music Bank, Inkigayo, and Mcountdown, we hit the Billboard Charts aswell. And it's all thanks to your hard work, Sei."

Sei felt a swell of pride in his chest at Jaehyun's words, but he shook his head at the statement. "Ani, our hard work. We're a team aren't we? Divinity won't be Divinity if one of us is missing."

The other three's face lit up at Sei's words, Minhi trapled him in a headlock and relentlessly ruffled his hair. "When did you become so 'sagely', SeiSei, huh?!"

"Yah!"

But amidst the celebration, Sei couldn't shake the feeling that had been swirling inside him since his return from Japan. It was the same feeling he had when he played football. An unrelenting desire.

---

Meanwhile, in the conference room of Smoke and Mirrors Ent., Director Lee Jung-hyo, Kang-PD, and CEO Bang Janghyuk were engaged in a serious discussion.