Chapter One

Gojo Kyouko's husband is dead, and the recent widow couldn't be any more than relieved when she received the news. Still, she mourned her husband, like any good wife should, not out of love as a wife, but as a friend who was at his side and watched him grow to be the strongest and most feared man in Fukuoka.

A man far from the person she grew to love.

As soon as his body was brought to their family estate for her and her son to see and say goodbye, her mind started plotting dates and times, the openings of the estate, and the money she needed to give her and her son just enough time to start their new life. She's found an apartment that would be suitable for her and her son with the help of her cousin who lived in the area, it was close to a decent public school with the uniform that her son has been wanting to wear – a black gakuran.

She made sure to pay in cash and made no digital transactions as well. Furniture was the least of her concerns too, for now, they'll have to do with a futon and the necessities.

Seven nights passed and the attention on her family ceased, giving her and the young heir to grieve their loss, Kyouko made her move.

She and her son lived in the main house, along with her in-laws, but on the east side while the elderly couple resided in the west to give the family the privacy they needed. So, it wasn't difficult for her to sneak into her to go to her son's bedroom with her heavy coat and duffle bag, especially with the servants not in their quarters at this time, but what was the biggest challenge was waking the sleeping teen.

Kneeling to the height of his bed, Kyouko quietly and carefully shook her son to wake, as expected the boy whined and ignored her. She tried again, this time with more force and her son only hid under the covers and grumbled, "Five more minutes, Ojiisama." Kyouko shook him harder and this time the teen jumped up and was ready to tell off the person waking him at this hour but Kyouko placed her hand on his mouth to keep him quiet.

His bright blue eyes are wide in shock.

Those were her eyes.

"Haha?" He managed to say even with the hand on his mouth. "What's going on?"

Kyouko called her son's name and brought a finger to her lips as a sign to keep quiet. Once she knew her son would be quiet, she said to him, "I'll explain everything later, but right now you need to get dressed and get a few, important things, packed. I'll wait for you outside."

"Mom, what's going on?" The boy asked.

"Sweetheart, please," Kyouko brushed away his natural white hair from his face. "Please, I need you to do this for me. Just get dressed and move as quietly as you can, and as fast as you can. Bring only what's important to you." When the boy finally nodded, Kyouko reached out to her son and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Thank you. I'll wait for you at your door, please move quickly, okay?"

"Okay."

Five minutes. She told herself that she would give her son five minutes to get dressed and packed with everything he thought he needed, and if he wasn't done by then she would knock on his door to check. Luckily, the boy went out now dressed comfortably in his white hoodie and dark trousers, on his back was his bag with some things he thought he needed to get through a long trip and not die of boredom. Kyouko guessed her son wouldn't prioritize clothing and she was right to suspect, and just as she planned this night, she has also packed a month's worth of clothes for her son in the duffle bag she held.

"Where are we going-" The boy was about to ask when his mother made a sign to keep quiet. He did what he was told and simply followed her as they walked through the halls and through the servants' quarters to use the back entrance where through the gate and farther into the main road a black sedan was parked with more bags inside.