3. A Mistake

T/w : Suicide

Akshita Mishra

The rank on my laptop resembled a phone number with its larger digits and all. My mom held my hair and began to pull it very hardly. This pulled me back from my transe.

"Stop it! it's hurting, mom" I said to her to make her stop this torture.

"Why did you fucking fail to do one thing I ordered you to?" She yelled loudly. I winced at her high voice when my father muttered a 'You're a waste of time' and left through my study room door.

While she was screaming some atrocities, I tried my best to push her out of my room and close the door. She was still banging at the door. But everything for me blurred again. My thoughts began to cloud my mind.

'I'm not worth living. I let her down and I should just die' I whispered to myself sobbing hardly. Controlling my sobs, I opened the door. Surprisingly,  everything was almost back to normal. My dad was seated on the sofa with my mother, they both looked calm. If it weren't for my father's next words, I would've thought what happened before was a dream.

"I knew something like this would happen. Therefore, I already arranged your marriage with a doctor. He's well off and he'll handle our medical business" My dad stated calmly.

My world stopped. I don't wanna fucking marry at this age. I've barely turned eighteen but I said "Okay, dad. I will marry him." Saying that I headed to my room.

A tint if surprise was visible on both of their faces. They probably didn't expect me to agree that fast.

Well..I won't marry that doctor or anyone really. I have a plan.

Time skip

Its midnight right now and I just now took a shower. I dried my hair with a towel and I wore my favourite dress. I even painted my nails. I touched up my face a little bit.

I sneaked outside my house. My parents didn't notice or perhaps they didn't care. I walked and walked to find an ice cream stall. I mentally cursed myself for not bringing my mobile. The GPS would've helped me locate faster.

I finally came across an ice cream shop. Smiling to myself, I got myself my favourite ice cream.

After eating, I reached where I was destined to be long ago but fate dragged it longer. I walked through the tiled hall of the railway station and I entered a random train. I didn't see it's destination though, because it didn't matter to me. I am not going on a trip like the most of the people here. I'm trying to end my journey and no i wasn't going back home after a long trip or something. I'm trying to end my life.

Cursing that the train didn't start yet, I began to look at my surroundings. There was a family with a child just right beside me. A young man supposedly the child's father was feeding his child something. And his wife was holding their child. I winced at my fate. I truly wish I had this. A perfect family without any kind of flaws.

I began to think of what would've my life been if my family was better, if they cared.

I would've never been stuck in this 'neet' stuff. I would've never been forced to choose medicine as my career.

"Miss, I've been standing here from past 5 minutes waiting for you to move away from the door." Stated a young man. He had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. They were like the morning sky, so bright and blue. They looked like they carried a lot of secrets.

"You there?" He said. Face palming myself, I quickly moved out of his way. My cheeks turned the colour of crimson when he caught me staring. 'Mere jaise handsome mard ko sab goor goor ke dekhte hain. Hayee Ram mei kya karun' He muttered and went to the first class compartments.

(Everyone always stare at me because I'm utterly handsome. Oh Ram what do I do?)

'What just happened?' I asked to myself. Damnn I know he's a little bit good looking but he's a lot more cocky. 'Too overconfident', my mother would say.

The train began to start. I stood by the door and looked outside. I really need to do this. I have no other choice. I'm sorry that I'm giving up on myself. I truly wished for my life to get better but it didn't, so this is the only option I can think of.

When the train began to pick up it's momentum, I walked my way to the edge of the door. And holding the handle I began to see outside. I have to do this. Just a little jump and everything will go back to being okay. I was a mistake after all. I'm a coward to do this easily. I'll count to three and then I'll jump. I closed my eyes and counted one, two, thr...

Author Note:
Helloo my caterpillars!! HAPPY UGADI!! I should probably get back to my mom before she starts yelling that I'm not helping her even on festivals..Do you guys like this story so far?

Please VOTE and COMMENT.
THANK YOU for reading.