THREE, hair touch-ups with hao

Chapter Three──(Hair Touch-Ups With Hao)
₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

chihiro loved going to the library, especially after classes. it was her favorite way to destress, though that was what she was just telling herself. she didn't mind if she were just by herself or with her usual victim─her roommate, hao.

hao was a foreign exchange student from china who was studying abroad in japan for the year. he was a linguistic major that was focusing his career in communications between the united states and east asia. he was already fluent in cantonese, mandarin, japanese, and maybe english.

he was awfully smart and chihiro would be lying if she said she wasn't a least a bit jealous.

hao sat beside from chihiro who was nose deep in her paper: flipping between pages of her textbook to bouncing searches off of her laptop to hastily scribbling in her notebook. she took a sip from her no longer iced coffee before returning back to her personalized hell.

chihiro looked up from her work as hao slumped forwards, groaning indistinguishably.

"how much longer in here, dude," he grumbled, running his hands through his tufts of faded red hair. "you said we'd go after two hours."

she sucked on her teeth and checked the time. 16:49. technically it was almost two hours the had been here but she suppose they could leave now.

"can we go now? you promised that you'd help me dye my hair back ."

sighing dramatically, she started collecting her belongings. "i guess we could we can call it a day."

hao made a noise of triumph and scrambled to shove his stuff in his bag. as chihiro stacked the textbooks back, hao made the effort to rip the heavy books from her hands, running through the still library to return everything to their respective stop.

the young woman giggled while he ran back to her. the two strolled out of the library side by side.

"do you want me to buy the bleach and stuff with you?" hao asked.

"nah, i'm alright going with myself. since you're going back to the dorm, can you take my stuff with you? i don't wanna like knock shit over with my big ass bag."

her roommate snorted. "no yeah─wait shit, wait lemme grab my wallet to pay y─"

"don't worry about it," she interrupted, "it's my treat."

─────────

samu

im crying

i cant find it

samu

find what

the toner or bleach ?

ive been back and forth this
entire store for like ever

why did you have to send me

im older

i should be telling YOU what to
do for ME

samu

tsumu were the one bitching abt ur
over grown roots

i js so happen to want to redo my hair
also

and did u not ask someone for help

..

no

samu

SO STOP BITCHING TO ME BRO
AND GO ASK

js get our shit and go 😭 😭 😭 😭

samu please

samu

dont ignore me

PLEASE BRO

OSAMU

STOP IGNORING ME

YOU CUNT

─────────

chihiro quietly hummed to herself as she strolled through the aisles of the store. she snatched up two packets of bleach before returning back to the section of hair dye, scanning the dozens of brands for the one that hao and her preferred. she was probably going to dye her hair too─maybe some raccoon stripes in the front would be nice.

as she crouched onto the balls of her feet to search for the certain box of dye on the bottom shelf, she heard an "excuse me" and turned to the stranger.

a tall student─she assumed student as he looked her age─stood over her.

"did you need something?"

"'a was wondering where yah found the bleach," he said, gesturing to the packets in her hands.

"its in the aisle after the next. developer and toner is across from it."

he shuffled awkwardly in his spot. "mind showin' me? 'a've been all over this entire store for like ten minutes."

"um sure i guess." hoisting herself to her feet, she led the stranger to his destination and pointed once his wanted item was in eye sight. he grabbed two and then stared blankly at the developer and toners. chihiro continued, "considering how dark your hair is, you'd wanna use the 20 or 30, personally i would do the 30─the 20 is too weak for me."

she could tell he was listening intently as he had grabbed the former.

"i dunno about toner though, since i usually dye it over when i bleach but i heard this brand─" she took a box off the shelf and gave it to him. he juggled the various packets and boxes in his hands. "─works real well."

"thanks, my brother was about'a kill me." he chuckled dryly.

chihiro gave him a half-assed smile. "good luck, i hope that helped."

quickly, she turned on her foot and returned to her own shopping. once she found the dye hao wanted, chihiro paid and briskly walked back to her dorm. she'd gotten a text along the way but she didn't bother to check it.

inside her shared home, her roommate shouted from the bathroom. "finally, bro, you've been gone for like ever."

"yeah whatever," she shrugged, stowing her shoes into the bin. confusion struck her features as she noticed the lack excitement greeting her. "where's meowy?"

he hummed. "at kenma's and kuroo's, i thought you wouldnt want him smelling all the chemicals. i texted you earlier but you didn't respond."

"what a gentleman you are, hao-bao."

"just come help me already!"