18.

Julian's POV

I looked down at her, the prettiest girl in this entire room, of the entire world.

Perfect face, perfect lips, legs that never seemed to end.

And the brain on that girl was amazing. She kept me hooked, never knew what to expect with her.

Most girls just wanted to please me, do whatever I told them to do, but not her.

She put me in my place even when the other guys were in the same room.

But unfortunately, she didn't come alone, she was with Charles, so I had to find a way to talk to her alone.

I walked downstairs, holding my distance for a while. Didn't want to look too eager, even though I was.

I looked at Lando, who was sitting with the girls and Charles. He looked back at me, nodded to say hi.

I raised my eyebrow and nodded at Charles, trying to tell him to distract him. He shook his head quickly.

So I nodded again, which made him mouth 'no'

I crossed my arms, looked him dead in the eye. He rolled his eyes and turned to Charles, told him something and they both walked away.

Love this guy.

"You have a minute?" I looked at Piper, she shook her head. "No, I'm here with my friend"

Nova shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Just a minute Pipes" I almost begged. I never begged for a girl and here I was.

She sighed. "Fine" she got up and looked at me. "What do you want?"

"Let's go" I said as I took her hand and pulled her with me. Away from all these people, away from all the eyes.

"Where are we going?" She pretended as if she didn't want to come with me, but I didn't even need to pull her, she followed me because she wanted to.

Good girl.

I took her to the roof. Never took her there before - no one for that matter.

"Oh my G-" her mouth fell open a little as she looked around.

It was pretty impressive if I was honest, and the clear sky was definitely helping today. "I didn't know you had a view like this"

"No one knows, it's kinda my place" we both sat down next to each other. "When things in there get too much, I come here"

She looked up at the sky and damn Lando, I totally get what you mean now.

Stars and art are definitely my favorite too - it's a Hayes kind of thing.

"You know what I always dreamed of?" Piper said, quiet, as if she already regretted those words. "Nevermind, it's probably stupid"

"No, it's never stupid" I said, putting my hand under her chin and made her look at me. "Tell me please"

She looked down for a moment, avoiding my eyes. "I've always dreamed of dancing on a rooftop under the stars"

It meant more to her than she wanted to admit, there was more to that than she wanted to tell me.

So I didn't push her into telling me.

I just got up, held my hand out for her and tilted my head. "Piper, can I have this dance?"

"Oh Julian" she said as she put her hand in mine. "I thought you would never ask"

I pulled her up, right in my arms. Where she belonged.

And we danced, without music, but it was the best dance I've ever had.

"I didn't know you could dance?" She raised her eyebrow. "Guess there are many things you don't know about me."

Wasn't gonna tell her why I actually learned how to dance. It was pretty necessary when you had to attend fancy events.

I twirled her around and she looked in my eyes. Those stormy eyes.

My eyes went from her eyes to her lips, and fuck, I wanted to kiss her. I could already feel our kiss before fireworks brightened the sky.

We both looked up, still holding each other hands.

"Happy New Year Pipes" I smiled and looked back at her. "Happy New Year Jules"