¤ Chapter 3

I took deep breaths to calm myself before facing Mr Steel. My breath caught in my throat when I found him already looking at me.

His piercing grey eyes bore into my soul. His stare was so scary that I almost peed myself. I unconsciously squeezed Mason's hand.

"Ow", I immediately broke the staring contest and looked down at Mason. He was looking at me with eyes filled with unshed tears. I think I may have actually squeezed his hand a little.

A little, my conscience nagged me. I internally rolled my eyes. I bent down to his level and patted his curly hair, "Don't cry baby. Mama's gonna buy icecream for you."

He nodded and wiped his already dry cheeks. Kids, I sighed. I almost forgot about the Grim Reaper.

Almost

If it wasn't the stare I felt on the side of my face and the abnormally cold atmosphere, then I would have forgotten all about him.

I immediately got up remembering the reason why I was here in the first place. I turned to face him again and braced myself.

"You left your journal at Starbucks so I decided to bring it to you", I rushed out nearly out of breath.

He opened his palm gesturing for me to put it in it. I walked closer and placed it there making sure that our fingers didn't touch.

He arched one of his perfectly shaped eyebrows at me. I looked at in confusion before it finally dawned on me. I shook my head furiously "No sir, I didn't look inside."

Although I was tempted to.

But he doesn't need to know that. He placed the book on the table and continued typing on his keyboard ignoring my existence.

Well that's my cue to get the fuck outta here.

I barely took one step back before his dark velvety voice spoke,"I didn't excuse you." I gulped hard," Y-Yes. Sorry sir"

"Name".

"Scarlet Grey", I replied. His fingers momentarily paused before resuming typing. Yea yea, I know. A red head named after a shade of red.

"Do you have a job?"

His next question caught me off guard. "No", I responded. He then lifted his head to look at me. His face neutral as always as those stormy grey eyes stared at me again.

He laid back in his chair as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me from head to toe,"How would you feel about becoming my personal assistant? The pay is good too. A salary of $50,000 a month doesn't sound bad does it?".

My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. $50,000, that's more than bad. Mason's surgery costs 100,000 dollars. I would be able to pay for his surgery after two months.

I sense a but coming.

Oh shut up Consy. Why would he suddenly give me this job? I don't have the qualifications to work in this reputable company. More importantly, he doesn't hire females so why would he all of the sudden hire me to work for him?

"Can I at least think about this?", I asked hoping that at least he would give me some time to think about this whole situation because this is a really big deal.

He sighed,"Miss Grey, I don't have all the time in the world. I am a very busy man. Normally I wouldn't listen but for some reason I've decided to give you up to tonight. That's all I can give you."

Well half a loaf is better than none. Right?

I nodded,"Thank you sir for your consideration. I'll take my leave now". He just stared at me as I quickly got out of his office with my son.

What the fuck did I get myself into.

Rogue's POV
I stared at the stack of financial reports on my desk, frowning, hardly conscious of what was written. I closed my eyes willing myself to remember my childhood memories both the good and bad.

And in all that, the one girl who was always by my side.

Dear God, it has been so long.....

"Mr. Steel?"
I opened my eyes, focused on the papers lying before me. Breathed out slowly. When I looked up at my assistant, Nathan, I was in control. "Yes?"

"Are you alright sir?", Nathan asked eying me skeptically. I nodded in response and went back to the reports.

"Sir if I may ask, why hire another assistant when you already have one?", he asked taking a seat without asking for permission. Nathan was my personal assistant and my right hand man as well as my brother.

I inhaled sharply and the corner of my lips tugged upwards slightly," I needed to corner her."

His eyes widened,"That's her?". I nodded. He leaned back in his chair,"How do you know she will agree to work here?"

I chuckled darkly,"Oh she will."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
What do you guys think?
Any predictions?
Why do you think Rouge knows Scarlett will agree?

Answer in the comments.

Don't forget to vote comment and share. Muah😘