𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 - 𝐀 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

•••

⚠️𝐓𝐖: 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭⚠️

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:
Waking up to an empty bed wasn't how I imagined starting my day. I rubbed my eyes, hoping it was just a trick of the morning light, but Vox was nowhere to be found. With a sigh, I dragged myself out of bed, my feet carrying me to the kitchen where the smell of freshly brewed coffee greeted me.

There, on the counter, sat a steaming mug of coffee, accompanied by a note from Vox. I couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment as I read his words explaining that he had to spend the day working on the app for Carmilla. Even though I understood his responsibilities, it didn't make it any easier to accept another day apart.

Taking a sip of the coffee, memories flooded my mind – the shared laughter, the tender moments we had together in the mornings. I missed those moments, missed the warmth of Vox's presence beside me. But I knew he had to do what he had to do, even if it meant sacrificing our time together.

By the sipping the coffee I was brought back to a morning similar to this one, only I was accompanied by my boyfriend. I remembered how Vox had scalded his thigh from the coffee I had prepared for him, and how in that moment he allowed me to express my true care towards him and accepted that I would be able to tender to his burn. And that, let me tell you, that felt so fucking good.

I limp over to the couch, slumping myself down on it and retrieving a cigar from my back pocket. I place it in my mouth, and turn to my left to ask Vox to light it for me.
...
God dammit.

𝐕𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:
As I stepped into Valentino's penthouse, the familiar scent of smoke enveloped me, swirling around the room in wisps of pink. Valentino lounged on the couch, a cloud of pink smoke billowing from his lips as he exhaled, his expression clouded with frustration.

"Hey, Val,"
I greeted, offering him a sympathetic smile. "Where's Vox?"

Valentino's frustration was clear as he replied, "He went to his own penthouse to work on that stupid app Carmilla Carmine told him to make. That bossy little cunt."

I nodded understandingly, taking a seat beside him on the plush couch.
"I get it, Val. Must be tough not having him around,"
I remarked, reaching out to give his arm a reassuring squeeze.

"Yeah, it sucks,"
Valentino muttered, his mood clearly soured by Vox's absence.

Leaning back against the cushions, I let out a soft sigh.
"You know, I've known Vox long enough to know he tends to overwork himself a lot. He puts so much pressure on himself to get the job done,"
I pointed out, hoping to offer some perspective.

Valentino nodded in agreement, his frustration easing slightly as he considered my words.

"He's always been like that,"
He mused, tapping the ash off his cigarette.
"But lately, it feels like he's pushing himself even harder."

I frowned, concerned by Valentino's observation. "Do you think it's because of this app thing?"

Valentino shrugged, his expression troubled. "Could be. Cock-face is really laying on the pressure."

"You should check up on him later,"
I suggested gently.
"Make sure he's not too overwhelmed with all the work. I don't want a repeat of what happened the last time he'd been put under this much pressure."

Valentino's gaze softened, gratitude shining in his eyes as he looked at me.
"Thanks, Velvette,"
He murmured, a hint of warmth returning to his voice.
"I appreciate it."