𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 - 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

•••

- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠-

𝐕𝐨𝐱'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:
As I gradually stirred from my slumber, the events of last night flooding back into my consciousness, I found myself enveloped in a warm embrace. Glancing down, I saw four arms wrapped securely around my waist, instantly recognizing them as Valentino's. A soft smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I basked in the comforting presence of my newfound love.

Before long, Valentino began to rouse from his sleep, his movements slow and deliberate. With a gentle good morning kiss planted on my cheek, he greeted me with warmth and affection, setting the tone for the day ahead.

"Good morning, Voxxie~"
He greeted me, his voice husky with sleep but laced with unmistakable affection.

"Morning, Val,"
I replied with a smile, returning his affectionate gesture with a light peck on his lips.

As Valentino rose from the bed, his movements graceful and unhurried, he turned to me with a questioning gaze.
"Coffee?"
He offered, a hint of amusement dancing in his eyes.

I nodded eagerly, the promise of caffeine already coaxing my senses into wakefulness.
"Yes, please,"
I replied, my voice tinged with prolepsis.

With effortless ease, Valentino scooped me up in his arms, carrying me to the kitchen as if I weighed nothing at all. I chuckled softly, the feeling of being held in his embrace sending a flutter of warmth through me.

As he set me down on the counter, I watched with admiration as he prepared the coffee, his movements precise and practiced. The rich aroma filled the air, tantalizing my senses with its familiar comfort.

Valentino blew lightly on the surface of the coffee, seemingly cooling it just enough before presenting me with the steaming mug.
"Here you go,"
He said, his expression soft with affection.

"Thanks,"
I murmured, taking the mug from him and savoring the warmth as it spread through me. With Valentino standing between my legs, his presence a reassuring presence in the quiet intimacy of the kitchen, I couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over me.

As we exchanged soft smiles and shared glances filled with unspoken understanding, I knew that in this moment, everything was as it should be.

As I took a cautious sip of the coffee, the scalding liquid burning the inside of my mouth and causing me to recoil with a hiss of pain.
"Shit!"
I cursed under my breath, my eyes watering from the sudden shock of heat.

Valentino's expression shifted to one of concern as he reached out to steady me.
"Fuck, are you okay? I knew I made it too hot..."
He asked, his voice laced with worry.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine,"
I reassured him, though the throbbing ache in my mouth told a different story.

But as I attempted to set the mug back down on the counter, my trembling hands betrayed me, causing some of the hot coffee to spill over the rim and scald my thigh.
"Fuck!"
I exclaimed, the sharp sting of pain radiating through me as I instinctively drew back from the burning sensation.

Valentino's grip tightened on my waist as he quickly moved to assess the damage.
"Shit, Vox, are you alright?"
He asked, his tone urgent as he gently inspected the red mark forming on my pale blue skin.

"It's nothing,"
I insisted, though the pain was anything but insignificant.
"My hands were just a little shaky, you really don't need to worry, Val"

Valentino's expression softened, a hint of concern flickering in his eyes as he gently shook his head.
"You don't have to pretend, Vox,"
He said softly, his voice tinged with sincerity. "You don't have to act like someone you're not around me. I'm your boyfriend, if you're ever hurt, just tell me."